Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU/Main Screen Trim Gap Fix?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have searched for this but no luck finding anything quite like what I am looking at.

I purchased a second hand S from an individual 2 weeks ago and I am loving it. It's an awesome car. However, a few days ago I noticed that the top and right edges of the trim around the main screen have a significant gap between the trim itself and the screen. The left and bottom edges are close enough to appear flush with the screen, but the top and right sides have a gap almost large enough to fit a finger between. Almost like those sides of the trim aren't "snapped in" or something.

There is also a small amount of yellow light that emits from the edge of the AC vent right by the top right corner of the trim. I thought before that it was a reflection from the screen, but it is actually coming from inside the vent. I wonder if this could be related to the protruding trim in that corner.

Does anyone know what would cause this, and is it something I might be able to correct by reinstalling the trim? If not, would something like this be covered under the existing warranty? Thanks in advance! Photos below (the gap looks worse in person).

IMG_20191106_180720.jpgIMG_20191106_180752.jpg
IMG_20191106_180731.jpgIMG_20191106_180744.jpg

IMG_20191106_180942.jpg