TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

MCU Removal

Discussion in 'Model S' started by random155, Dec 18, 2019.

1. random155

random155 Member

Is there a clear tutorial or how-to regarding the removal of the MCU? They only thing I can find is the guy doing it in light speed on youtube. There has to be a more user friend version of this somewhere... I just cant find it.

2. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

I've seen it done by a mobile tech. But we are not permitted to video it. So, it is hard to remember. Considering its not an owner serviceable component, its going to be rare that there would be a video made except by someone maybe replacing their first with a used second one.

3. random155

random155 Member

I just want to replace the bezel around the MCU. However, complete removal is necessary.

4. technoz

technoz Member

Hope this helps

MCU-R-R

• Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  5. random155

random155 Member

I love you

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  6. technoz

technoz Member

No problem if you could record the process and upload to youtube that would be great. As we all start veering off warranty this will help the DIY community

7. random155

random155 Member

Turns out I might not need it, Tesla might fix my problem after all. But, if/when I do take out the MCU, I'll definitely record it.

• Like x 1