Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU Repair - Arizona

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
does anyone have the name / contact information for the 3rd party repair shop in Arizona? I’d like to get a quote before committing to the Tesla shop.

I have a 2016 S75 August. Only 50,500 miles. Facelift but all AP1 and MCU1 hardware. It seems like my MCU is about to kick the bucket. Around 46k miles i went to the Tesla shop and reported issues but they said nothing was wrong. At that time my MCU screen was randomly going dark and the cruise control distance keeps changing (4 to 3, 3 to 4 , etc ... very rapidly!). Now I’m still having those issues plus weird Spotify issues (track won’t advance , just keeps playing the same song over and over again) and random Bluetooth issues. Timed perfectly 500 miles outside of warranty :/

Thanks

Sam

Do a search for mcu repair, there are several threads on the subject. Mine started acting up late last year and the final straw was I could not access the trip menu page without crashing the mcu starting last week. I took mine apart and sent the eMMC board to EV-FixMe but Grubermotors in Phoenix can help also.

does anyone have the name / contact information for the 3rd party repair shop in Arizona? I’d like to get a quote before committing to the Tesla shop.

I have a 2016 S75 August. Only 50,500 miles. Facelift but all AP1 and MCU1 hardware. It seems like my MCU is about to kick the bucket. Around 46k miles i went to the Tesla shop and reported issues but they said nothing was wrong. At that time my MCU screen was randomly going dark and the cruise control distance keeps changing (4 to 3, 3 to 4 , etc ... very rapidly!). Now I’m still having those issues plus weird Spotify issues (track won’t advance , just keeps playing the same song over and over again) and random Bluetooth issues. Timed perfectly 500 miles outside of warranty :/

Thanks

Sam

If it has been less than 30 days since you crossed 50k you are still under warranty or can purchase the ESA and pay a 200 deductible plus the Premium. You also reported the issue and it should be covered from that report. Immediately get an appt through the app and reference your earlier dismissed report and file a report with NHSTA.

I was covered after 50k under similar circumstances within 10 days of crossing 50k and had reported issues at 49k miles (2 months prior to 50k because of little driving during pandemic).

Thanks everybody for the responses!

@croman do you think Tesla will take the car now? It hasn’t officially died yet but it’s so close. I didn’t know about the 30 day grace period, I just hit 50k miles last week.
Thanks

Sam

I have no idea. Mine was dead but if you can consistently demonstrate a defective feature like Bluetooth, then they'll have to replace it.

Thanks

Sam
Arizona — Reel Deal