Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU replacement- alternatives?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got black screen, 2015 s60.

Looks like maybe it is that 8gb flash memory issue. Have done resets etc... Had Bluetooth issue a couple months ago that some people seem to experience before full failure.

In the US there are a couple people/companies that resolder a new memory chip to fix the issue. Otherwise, Tesla quotes for MCU replacement range from 1200-2500usd.

HK Tesla is quoting about $20k for the MCU replacement. Just wondering if anyone knows of any alternative here?

Take it as a sign you need a MCU2 upgrade :) I hear that is happening now in HK for such cases.

(but note that Tesla HK don't currently have any stock of these)

It seems that the MCU2 replacement for dead MCU1 is not happening in HK at the moment. Looking at a recent replacement (which was promised as MCU2), it is still MCU1.

well it is not easy to do that why
if you are really interested I will run a discount for you. But let me tell you. Soon or later. I think soon all Emmc in mcu 1 will go bye bye.
It is not a matter of whether it will fail but when it will fail.
Change it now before it fails will save u time and money

well it is not easy to do that why
if you are really interested I will run a discount for you. But let me tell you. Soon or later. I think soon all Emmc in mcu 1 will go bye bye.
It is not a matter of whether it will fail but when it will fail.
Change it now before it fails will save u time and money

Hello @electricboat

Can you please tell me how to change SIM of 2017 Model X upgraded from MCU1 to MCU2 which has been imported from UK? Will really appreciate a reply.

Thanks