Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU Screen suddenly black for 5 seconds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It happens every two or three days that the MCU screen is suddenly black, then it becomes a kind auf dark grey, and than the MCU is back to normal.
The radio stays on, the scene contend is the same. I have this since begin of March. My car is an AP1 2014 Model S.
Anybody with similar experience?

My 2017 does this often - several times a ride. It happens consistently when shifting into reverse. Screen is completely black for 5 seconds or so then comes back.

I'm actually hoping it's an EMMC about to fail and I can get the infotainment upgrade at a discount instead of a warranty MCU1.

It is not the eMMC, sorry. It likely has to do that the screen detects the HTML input of the backup cam and switches mode. I have a html switcher to be able to watch computer and android settop box and it does that when I switch from cam to computer. New eMMC last januari 16th...

My MCU fails in January with the obvious eMMC failure, and I got the MCU replaced.
In my case it happens without shifting gears, it happened in park and during driving.
Fo me it seems like a backlight failure/switch off.