Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU upgrade and AP3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a quote from my local tesla SC on the MCU upgrade. It states "Infotainment Upgrade From Tegra MCU and Autopilot 2.0 To Intel MCU With New Touchscreen And Autopilot 3.0" in the cost estimation ($2250 for 17 MS with AP2.5 MCU1).

I asked in the message is AP3 included in the MCU upgrade. The person said no it is another $1000 for AP3 computer. I am very confused and did quite some search on TMC, it seems it should be included?

How do i make sure i can get the right upgrade with them. I am so confused. Thanks in advance for your input.

WechatIMG57.jpeg

Last edited:
Got it. Let me call them tomorrow to confirm. If so i will go ahead with the upgrade. They did offer me some discount due to the emmc recall work. I could elect to do emmc recall for free or take a small discount to do the infotainment upgrade.

Got it. Let me call them tomorrow to confirm. If so i will go ahead with the upgrade.
If you get the same clueless goon on the phone you might just get the wrong answer again.

The only right answer is it’s included. It’s right there in the part description:

MCU INTEL HW3 UPGRADE

Hundreds of people on this site have had the upgrade performed on their AP2/2.5 cars, including me. Every one of them got the HW3 computer.

even here i got different answers. update: i went to sc talked to the assistant there. she again said no it is only infotainment. Then i showed her the estimation, she is like no. She did say she will talk to her manager to get clarity.

still a mess.

They just sent me a message: Only if you have already purchased FSD originally with your vehicle purchase, then YES, we would upgrade the Autopilot Hardware to 3.0 at the same time since it is included with the FSD package, however, since you only have EAP, the AP 3.0 hardware is not included with your infotainment upgrade, hope this provides some clarity.