Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU Upgrade Not Showing as Available Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have MX purchased 12/17. The Infotainment software shows as NVIDIA Tegra. I believe that's MCU1 - correct? However, when I go to Tesla and try to display available upgrades for our car, there is nothing there as far as MCU or InfoTainment is concerned.

How do I go about ordering the upgrade? Don't seem to be able to order it via the Tesla site, nor through the Tesla app.

Thanks.

Let us know what happens in your case. Up to the point when they dropped the price to $1500, all AP 2.0 and 2.5 cars (with or without FSD) were upgraded free to HW3 during the MCU 2 upgrade. Now it appears that if you haven't bought FSD, they charge you extra.

Upvote 0
Let us know what happens in your case. Up to the point when they dropped the price to $1500, all AP 2.0 and 2.5 cars (with or without FSD) were upgraded free to HW3 during the MCU 2 upgrade. Now it appears that if you haven't bought FSD, they charge you extra.
Really? When did they start not doing FSD computer? Just had this done about a month ago and got both.

Upvote 0
Really? When did they start not doing FSD computer? Just had this done about a month ago and got both.
They are still doing the HW3 upgrade along with MCU2, but just charging more for 2.0 and 2.5 cars without FSD ($2000 instead of $1500 for cars that can't be upgraded to HW3)

"Owners of compatible vehicles can schedule an appointment through the Tesla app for purchase and installation. This upgrade is available for $2,000 plus applicable tax, including installation, for vehicles equipped with Autopilot Computer 2.0 or 2.5 and for $1,500 plus applicable tax, including installation, for all other vehicles."

from Infotainment Upgrade

Upvote 0
I think for a while they where installing both so they could easily sell more FSD packages/subscriptions... Actually, if the $2000 is a change, then it sounds like they still are installing them as as package, just making you pay an extra $500. Not bad either way, in my book. It used to be $2500 and they dropped it to $1500 for our car for a while, so I jumped on it. The MCU2 upgrade is nice to have. Would like some of the things in FSD but haven't sprung for that cost yet.

Upvote 0
I think for a while they where installing both so they could easily sell more FSD packages/subscriptions... Actually, if the $2000 is a change, then it sounds like they still are installing them as as package, just making you pay an extra $500. Not bad either way, in my book. It used to be $2500 and they dropped it to $1500 for our car for a while, so I jumped on it. The MCU2 upgrade is nice to have. Would like some of the things in FSD but haven't sprung for that cost yet.

you all and your fancy cars. I'm on AP1, so I didn't have to worry about any of this haha. I'm content with the upgrade, esp considering people were paying much, much more.

Reactions: cobra
Upvote 0