Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU upgrade/replacement for early vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Calibration varies depending on the road you drive it on. I thought mine was done in 10 miles and it said it was, But I could see it appeared to be sluggish and didn't immediately show images for about another 35-40 miles. But once done, its completely done. I believe it is partially done (can't guess what %) when it shows its done, but its not, if it happens too quickly.

But those FSD HW3 visualizations you are seeing now? Are nothing compared to what you will see with FSD Beta. Here Look At These !
Our local club

Reactions: mrpseudonym
Re my earlier post. this is the screen that has been the same for 50km or so. @Akikiki is the blue around the autopilot icon an indicator of calibration progress..it looks like it should be moving, but it has looked the same since the upgrade was done.

64A639F1-AD61-485A-AA5E-42AA41E88E6C.jpeg

WD Purple is purpose designed for camera video recording
I think that is 3.5" spinning disk hard drives, for surveillance systems.
External SSD or USB stick is probably better for cars.
Mind you, I feel like the "purple:, "red", "blue" WD sub-brands are more about marketing than performance characteristics. I can't see why a single hard drive configuration can't handle multiple duties.

I think that is 3.5" spinning disk hard drives, for surveillance systems.
External SSD or USB stick is probably better for cars.
Mind you, I feel like the "purple:, "red", "blue" WD sub-brands are more about marketing than performance characteristics. I can't see why a single hard drive configuration can't handle multiple duties.
I have been running WD Purple 256GB MicroSD cards for 2 years in my Blackvue 4 channel (2x2) UHD dashcam. Flawless
Same for TeslaCam for 18 months on Model 3. Also flawless

Re my earlier post. this is the screen that has been the same for 50km or so. @Akikiki is the blue around the autopilot icon an indicator of calibration progress..it looks like it should be moving, but it has looked the same since the upgrade was done.

View attachment 638008
Turns out the reason for the lack of calibration was that the connector for one of the cameras had not been plugged in properly. Hopefully fixed now after another visit to the service centre. Very frustrating that communication with Tesla technicians after a service (or indeed at any time) is so difficult.