Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU Upgraders - Heads up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is claimed they now replace the vertical touch screen by default. It looks like they did that with ours. And MCU2 and AP3 computer are normally done all at once. So for the $1500 you get both upgraded. You will loose FM/XM radios unless you also ask for the radio upgrade for $500.

It is claimed they now replace the vertical touch screen by default. It looks like they did that with ours. And MCU2 and AP3 computer are normally done all at once. So for the $1500 you get both upgraded. You will loose FM/XM radios unless you also ask for the radio upgrade for $500.
Good to know..👍my SC did say the IC screen will be replaced but need to confirm about the touch screen.

See you are NJ, actually had ours done in Princeton. They had the MCU in stock. Radio had to be ordered but they had it in one day.
Yes have a tire service upcoming at the Princeton SC but still debating about the upgrade. MCU1 and that screen still holding up pretty good despite the rough treatment by the kids (doodle/asteriod/whatever games they can put their hands on). =)

Reactions: cobra
i have the same questions too. I just got my X used... and the sound is actually pretty bad (it has upgrade MCU 2 before i purchase it).
Personally, I expected to be rejected, but I had a collection of evidence to provide for review that could arguably have reasonably gotten me approved (specific line items on invoices from three different service visits). As such, I find it more annoying that they sent an e-mail saying I could submit evidence and then didn't allow me to submit anything based on automatic rejection.

Rejected? I thought this thread was about audio quality?

Or is this about warranty/recall disputes? I bet there's plenty of threads about that? Like

Rejected? I thought this thread was about audio quality?

Or is this about warranty/recall disputes? I bet there's plenty of threads about that? Like
Yup, I clearly replied on the wrong tab. Too late to delete now, so embarrassment it is.

how do i check if my mcu1 is premium or base?
@woodychau asked this, too. I think there will be an option that mentions "dolby" in or near the balance/fade screen (picture of the interior where you tell it where to center sound) if you have the premium audio. Unfortunately, I don't have it. Only two things I regret on my X purchase are getting basic audio (which I went in intending NOT to do, but got a deal on an inventory model) and getting seven seats (which seemed like a better plan than 6 at the time, but not in hindsight).

@woodychau asked this, too. I think there will be an option that mentions "dolby" in or near the balance/fade screen (picture of the interior where you tell it where to center sound) if you have the premium audio. Unfortunately, I don't have it. Only two things I regret on my X purchase are getting basic audio (which I went in intending NOT to do, but got a deal on an inventory model) and getting seven seats (which seemed like a better plan than 6 at the time, but not in hindsight).

i'm very happy that my car has the complete sound package. initially, I was planning on swapping out the subwoofer with something larger but I might hold off. sounds pretty good from the factory. maybe one day I'll replace the fronts and sub with the focal set I have laying around

Yeah sorry everyone not trying to be thread cop here.

The title of this thread is a definitely ambiguous. As someone mentioned in post 4 of this thread, there's another thread that goes into a lot of detail on the changes in audio behavior after the MCU2 upgrade. In case people haven't seen it I'll repost here: