TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

MCU Yellowing & replacement

Discussion in 'Model X' started by CharlieLab, Apr 10, 2018.

1. CharlieLab

CharlieLab Member

During my annual service the SC tech noticed that my MCU had the "yellowing" issue. Frankly I had not noticed but they said they would replace it and its on backorder. Question, I'm wondering if now the factory have switched to the new Intel MCU v2, that they will just replace this with an updated version? Or do they just replace the screen? During the factory tour I noticed a whole pile of MCUs and it looked like the screen and CPU components were pretty much one unit.

Anyone had this replaced recently?

2. Seattle Tom

Seattle Tom Member

I had the yellowing too (part came in today so service appointment next week). From what I understood, it’s the screen only and not the MCU. But I’ll be able to confirm next Wednesday!

P.S., After the last FW that gave Tesla Maps, I do think the screen works faster as Elon promised. It’s not MCU2 fast, but plenty responsive so I’m less concerned for that upgrade...but it would be a nice surprise!

• Informative x 1
  3. boelkers

boelkers Member

Its only the screen. Mine was replaced because of this issue last week.

4. VikH

VikH Supporting Member

Good to know that it is only the screen. I have the yellowing issue and was holding out to see if they would upgrade me to MCU2. I may wait until they announce an upgrade path.

5. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

Only screen for me.

6. BigD0g

BigD0g Active Member

Only screen for me, and there's already a huge thread regarding the yellowing screen issue.

• Like x 1