Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU1/AP3 - laggy response time

CaliMS

Oct 8, 2017
CA
My 2017 X with AP3 and MCU1 is going in tomorrow for the issues noted in this thread. I've taken videos of the incredibly laggy behaviour, constant reboots and missing functionality.

Does anyone else experience a complete loss of warning or notification sounds? Like turn signal, seat belt warnings, autopilot sounds, everything is gone and system requires a manual reboot.

I've had the lack of sounds before (turn signals as I recall) - I realized its a precursor to reboot/crash coming.

• Informative
Reactions: Discoducky

2101Guy

Jan 6, 2020
USA
Software tweaks will give moderate/minor help, but if we consider that the chip/processor, etc for MCU1 dates back to the very first Model S (2012 ish?) and was designed for the resource demands of AP1...and now we are adding the resource demands of HW3 computer to MCU1, only makes sense that MCU1 would be stressed out as it wasnt designed for HW3.

Reactions: CaliMS

viper2ko

Aug 30, 2017
USA
Software tweaks will give moderate/minor help, but if we consider that the chip/processor, etc for MCU1 dates back to the very first Model S (2012 ish?) and was designed for the resource demands of AP1...and now we are adding the resource demands of HW3 computer to MCU1, only makes sense that MCU1 would be stressed out as it wasnt designed for HW3.

Per Elawn, you are wrong

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC