Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU1/AP3 - laggy response time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2017 X with AP3 and MCU1 is going in tomorrow for the issues noted in this thread. I've taken videos of the incredibly laggy behaviour, constant reboots and missing functionality.

Does anyone else experience a complete loss of warning or notification sounds? Like turn signal, seat belt warnings, autopilot sounds, everything is gone and system requires a manual reboot.

I've had the lack of sounds before (turn signals as I recall) - I realized its a precursor to reboot/crash coming.

• Informative
Reactions: Discoducky
Software tweaks will give moderate/minor help, but if we consider that the chip/processor, etc for MCU1 dates back to the very first Model S (2012 ish?) and was designed for the resource demands of AP1...and now we are adding the resource demands of HW3 computer to MCU1, only makes sense that MCU1 would be stressed out as it wasnt designed for HW3.

Reactions: CaliMS
Software tweaks will give moderate/minor help, but if we consider that the chip/processor, etc for MCU1 dates back to the very first Model S (2012 ish?) and was designed for the resource demands of AP1...and now we are adding the resource demands of HW3 computer to MCU1, only makes sense that MCU1 would be stressed out as it wasnt designed for HW3.

Per Elawn, you are wrong

Has anyone found their MCU1 AP3 car doesn't get software updates for ages now? Its been 70 days since my last update. 2017 MX in UK. Currently on 2020.48.37.6 since 14/7/21. Maps are also very old although it did pull an map update after i first got the FSD upgrade. Our M3 has had updates every 30 days on average and is on 2021.24.5 with 2021 maps

To get any fo the new software updates with 2021 in the version, you will need to get the Infotainment Ugrade Package which gives you MCU/2. I don't think I've seen a single MCU/1 Model S or Model X with a 2021 software update.