Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU1 browser on 2019.82.2 (and above ?) no longer responds. BSOD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it just me ? I created a service appt. but I suspect I'll get a phone call before the date. In the past it crashed after some use but now browser starts blank and never recovers. Blank Screen of Death ! BSOD.

I spent around an hour swiping away years of NAV destinations, and still have an hour or so to go, but I still don't see anything except a blank white screen on the browser...

I recently reset Trip B so I don't want to reset either of them...

Both of these are well documented on the forum here to try to improve MCU1 performance but I'm still at least slightly skeptical (perhaps more cynical) regarding the efficacy of these actions (some level of astounded as well perhaps, that these are what the Service Centres usually swear by. Why don't they just recommend a total reset then ? Probably because the same stuff will be broken AND the customer won't have any of their settings anymore ??).

Opening just the whiteboard "easter egg" to eliminate the "always on" map display definitely improves performance, at least we know that for sure since the massive traffic refresh bug. Tried that too but browser is still dead...

3G connection is strong, and music continues to stream... so, is it just me ? Or was I lucky to have browser work this long ?? thx

What firmware? No such thing as 2019.82 as the second part is the week of the year...

I have seen threads about too many nav and other recent things can clog things up so that could be part of the problem.

The service center ‘virtual’ people that reach out ahead of your appt may have suggestions on how to delete some of the extra data if that is really the issue. They spent a good deal of time on a totally different problem for me getting background and suggesting things to try.

And to be clear, you’ve done a normal press and hold thumb wheel and press and hold top button reset too?
Ya, I just say "reboot" (no need to hold them down until the logo appears or to hold down the brake as some will tell you). I also reboot the IC with the top buttons now and then (and esp. when there's an issue).

What firmware? No such thing as 2019.82 as the second part is the week of the year...

I have seen threads about too many nav and other recent things can clog things up so that could be part of the problem.

The service center ‘virtual’ people that reach out ahead of your appt may have suggestions on how to delete some of the extra data if that is really the issue. They spent a good deal of time on a totally different problem for me getting background and suggesting things to try.
2019.28.2 it is then :oops: thx

Ok so an update.. I cleared both my Trip A (history of car) and B... and cleared all my Nav destinations.. and reboot everything... and still nothing. Waited a few days, reboot again, and went to the whtieboard first before trying to load browser (not sure if that is relevant or what) and... browser started to function again, well, back to where it used to be, in that it will grind to a halt eventually.

I think I'm going to ask them to quote the famous MCU2 + LTE upgrade.