Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU1 infotainment upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I attempted to schedule an appointment using the Tesla app for the infotainment upgrade and it defaulted to mobile service. My appointment is scheduled for this coming Thursday (March 26) and I thought by now they would review the appointment, provide an estimate, and then reschedule to a service center visit.

Has anyone else had the infotainment upgrade done by mobile service?

I attempted to schedule an appointment using the Tesla app for the infotainment upgrade and it defaulted to mobile service. My appointment is scheduled for this coming Thursday (March 26) and I thought by now they would review the appointment, provide an estimate, and then reschedule to a service center visit.

Has anyone else had the infotainment upgrade done by mobile service?
According to Tesla, Infotainment upgrade can only be done at the service center.

Well, finally, Tesla mobile service responded to my request for the infotainment upgrade with a text message this morning indicating that my car is not yet eligible for the upgrade (manufactured July 2017, MCU1, HW 2.5. This is somewhat surprising to me as the service center last week gave me the impression that they were already doing these upgrades and I just assumed the person was familiar with my configuration having just worked on the car. Oh well.

Reactions: Gt1948
Well, finally, Tesla mobile service responded to my request for the infotainment upgrade with a text message this morning indicating that my car is not yet eligible for the upgrade (manufactured July 2017, MCU1, HW 2.5. This is somewhat surprising to me as the service center last week gave me the impression that they were already doing these upgrades and I just assumed the person was familiar with my configuration having just worked on the car. Oh well.

do u have FSD purchased?

I just had my September 2017 Model X with MCU1, AP2.5, FSD upgraded to MCU2/AP3 last Friday. Tysons, Virginia service center. Maybe your SC doesn't have the same parts availability. I believe Akikiki is having his Model S with AP2.0 done in Hawaii today, so I think it's more SC-dependent than their standard claim of "not yet eligible".

Reactions: Gt1948 and Bmac
Website Updated for AP2 owners to End of April now.

Infotainment Upgrade
Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 10.24.27 AM.png

• Informative
Reactions: Bmac and sorka