Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU1 # of Contacts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aloha Friends,

My car went in for MCU service at Tesla a few months ago. After getting the car back back, it was factory reset in an effort to clear caches and eliminate the old error.

After getting it back, the car failed to import my full list of contacts (1243). Previously, I had no issues importing my full list of contacts, where it stops at “L”.

Tesla service is now telling me that 500 contacts is the max number of support contacts. I think they’re blowing smoke up my ass, as I’ve seen numerous posts noting vehicles with support for 1300+ contacts.

Can I please get some contact counts from y’all? I’m not in front of my car so I don’t know if the car contacts displays a count, but at a minimum I know that you can go into your phone’s contact list and iOS has your count at the bottom.

Thanks!

Aloha Friends,

My car went in for MCU service at Tesla a few months ago. After getting the car back back, it was factory reset in an effort to clear caches and eliminate the old error.

After getting it back, the car failed to import my full list of contacts (1243). Previously, I had no issues importing my full list of contacts, where it stops at “L”.

Tesla service is now telling me that 500 contacts is the max number of support contacts. I think they’re blowing smoke up my ass, as I’ve seen numerous posts noting vehicles with support for 1300+ contacts.

Can I please get some contact counts from y’all? I’m not in front of my car so I don’t know if the car contacts displays a count, but at a minimum I know that you can go into your phone’s contact list and iOS has your count at the bottom.

Thanks!

Hi - This is not the answer to your question, but since you like your contacts synced with the car I thought I should ask. I actually prefer not to sync my phone's contact with the car ... so, my question is when pairing your phone with the car, is there an option to skip syncing the contacts? Thanks.

Hi - This is not the answer to your question, but since you like your contacts synced with the car I thought I should ask. I actually prefer not to sync my phone's contact with the car ... so, my question is when pairing your phone with the car, is there an option to skip syncing the contacts? Thanks.
Yes, you can disable contact syncing in the car’s Bluetooth settings and/or by not giving the Tesla app permission to access your contacts.

Why don’t you want to sync contacts with the car? They’re only available when your phone is paired, so no one else using your car can see them. Without them, you lose caller ID and can’t make calls in the car by contact name, among other things.

Why don’t you want to sync contacts with the car? They’re only available when your phone is paired, so no one else using your car can see them. Without them, you lose caller ID and can’t make calls in the car by contact name, among other things.

Just a personal preference and lifestyle requirement.

Thanks for the bluetooth settings tips though.

Haha no worries my dude. I've beat around my car and it doesn't seem to have a count anywhere, so you can't meaninfully estimate that on board. Instead you'd just have to know that all your phone contacts sync'd, and then look at the count on your phone as you already did.