Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU1 owners: what should we expect from our cars?

How much and how time critical the info is I do not know.

I am pretty sure the cameras feed through the MCU (e.g. they are not directly connected to the AP computer). If MCU1 is too slow for Sentry to function properly, I have serious doubts that it can render information fast enough for the AP computer to make decisions. Of course, I could be completely wrong also :)

I have seen screen shots where you can turn off visualizations, so code does exist to turn features off.. I just dont know if they ever got tested... by an employee or otherwise before they can release...
Either one works. Lawyer letter for a few hundred is probably most effective use of your time.

Try your best with service first. You never know.

On a somewhat related note, today I got a message on the behind the wheel screen to replace the low voltage battery. I used the app to schedule service. The service update from Tesla is that I will also get the eMMC replacement during a mobile service. Appointment is scheduled for Monday which is impressive.
I got the same addition to the appointment I scheduled this week.

On a somewhat related note, today I got a message on the behind the wheel screen to replace the low voltage battery. I used the app to schedule service. The service update from Tesla is that I will also get the eMMC replacement during a mobile service. Appointment is scheduled for Monday which is impressive.
I have consistently declined the eMMC replacement after reading some reports on this forum of damages that owners believe were caused by that service, b/c the dashboard needs to be taken apart.

Also a report of damaged wood trim pieces here:

dark cloud

Apr 14, 2018
BC
I have consistently declined the eMMC replacement after reading some reports on this forum of damages that owners believe were caused by that service, b/c the dashboard needs to be taken apart.
Don't know which car you have, but is it affected by the airbag recall? Has it been done?
They have to take the dash apart to do this. Would be a good time to do both if not. If it has then there is proof your dash has already been taken apart and no damage is present.

Model S Safety Update | Tesla Support

Don't know which car you have, but is it affected by the airbag recall? Has it been done?
They have to take the dash apart to do this. Would be a good time to do both if not. If it has then there is proof your dash has already been taken apart and no damage is present.

Model S Safety Update | Tesla Support
Thanks for this info. Looks like the airbag was done under previous ownership, b/c the only open recall on my 2014 car is the eMMC. Are you saying that if the dash has already been opened up before, there's essentially no risk to letting them open it up again?

For me, it's really the trust factor given the high turnover of TSC techs. I have let Electrified Garage open up my dashboard for other repairs.

dark cloud

Apr 14, 2018
BC
Thanks for this info. Looks like the airbag was done under previous ownership, b/c the only open recall on my 2014 car is the eMMC. Are you saying that if the dash has already been opened up before, there's essentially no risk to letting them open it up again?

For me, it's really the trust factor given the high turnover of TSC techs. I have let Electrified Garage open up my dashboard for other repairs.
Well, you never know who is going to wrench on your car when you bring it in to a large service business. Just take pictures before, and insist you are very picky and will be checking, then they will hopefully have the most careful techs do the work, and not the guy who just started the week before and has never done the procedure. I think you will be fine, worst case scenario you have a scratched trim and they will have to replace it if you have pictures to prove it wasn't there before.

I have taken mine apart several times, it really isn't that big of a deal to do it.

Reactions: dbldwn02

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC