TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

MCU1 performance improvement & browser improvement. Simple trick by Thomas The Tesla Tuner..

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Accelev, May 4, 2019.

1. verygreen

verygreen Curious member

unfortunately he did not.

2. whitex

whitex Active Member

A fleet of black Model X's with guys in back suits and sunglasses were seen descending on Kraków. OP has not been heard from since.;)

• Funny x 4
  3. dark cloud

dark cloud Member

Did you take the red or the blue pill @Accelev ?

Screen Shot 2019-05-11 at 8.29.21 PM.png

4. ramonneke

ramonneke Active Member

Did everyone that is aware of this performance issue that has an MCU1 car provided feedback to Tesla on this by sending an email to [email protected] ?

• Like x 2
  5. AustinP

AustinP Member

Sent to the service center earlier this week. Forwarded to that email as well.
    Some says Tesla folks read TMC.
    Most probably, but assuming is a risk: fellow Englishman told me once: assume makes an ass of u and me. :p

• Like x 2
  6. meomyo

meomyo Member

SO....no more software updates can save the mcu1? Thats sad if true.

• Like x 1
  7. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

@meomyo , your terse comments makes no sense. Did you read Accelev's post. Obvious they can make a simple change there or refactor that area of the code in other ways.

8. P100D_Me

P100D_Me Member

My previous car (a Chrysler) would read out text messages and I could also reply via voice, never had to take my eyes off the road. I was amazed when I first got shown over the Tesla that it not only couldn't do that but it didn't even have any form of text message notification on screen.

I'd say there is a fair bit of arrogance at Tesla HQ with a holier than thou attitude, Accelev's post may be dismissed as 'what would a mere user know', we can't be looking at that when there is more Atari games to add.

• Like x 3
    • Love x 1
  9. Bridor

Bridor Member

In my Tesla, Cortana reads my text messages to me and asks if I want to reply. If I say "Reply", it beeps and allows me to speak my message. When done, Cortana tells me what she heard and asks if I want to send, append or retry. Windows Phones rule! I, for one, love everything about my Tesla - I do not think I will ever buy another car from another brand. I am on my third Tesla.

Brent

• Like x 3
  10. dannycamps

dannycamps Member

Cortana's functionality on Windows Phone is unmatched in this regard. It's a shame the platform didn't take off more. They were supposed to add this function to the Android version of Cortana but it hasn't materialized yet.

• Like x 1
  11. Ostrichsak

Ostrichsak Member

Why would Android users want an inferior 3rd party voice assistant on their devices?

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  12. dannycamps

dannycamps Member

Coming from the Microsoft ecosystem (e.g. moving from a Lumia phone to Android) this is important as I do not use any Google services. The first thing I did was ditch Google Assistant for Cortana. It's a slightly watered-down experience compared to Windows Phone but still better IMO for handling my calendar/appointments/etc...

The aforementioned ability to read/respond to text messages while connected to bluetooth on a Windows Phone is *very* useful in a car and is something I really miss and can't be done on an Android phone without using a hokey third-party app.

I still carry a Lumia as a secondary device and I am considering using that in my Tesla instead of my Android phone given that it doesn't look like Android Auto will be an option anytime soon.

• Informative x 1
  13. P100D_Me

P100D_Me Member

As I mentioned in my old Chrysler with an Android phone whenever I got a text message a notification would appear on the infotainment system. You then had the option to listen (it read it out for you via the car speakers), view the text on the infotainment screen and then also to reply. The reply could be done using some default messages or you could respond via voice command and it would send it. This was all done via the car Bluetooth system, not on the phone directly.

14. dannycamps

dannycamps Member

Yes, the Chevy MyLink system can do the same thing (with any phone) as can a number of other systems (e.g. Chrysler, Jaguar, etc...). It's very odd to me that this capability is missing from a Tesla.

The point I was making was that in my Model S, I cannot receive/respond to a text message while driving via voice command unless I am using my Windows Phone (which natively supports this functionality). It just seems like a glaring oversight that should be there.

• Like x 2
  15. StarLog

StarLog Listen to your S.O.

I wish Tesla would employee software engineers who care more about the usefulness of the infotainment system, rather then stupid games.

• Like x 4
  16. P100D_Me

P100D_Me Member

It's embarrassing actually, touted as pushing the boundaries and it can't do something a $15,000 Chevy can.

• Like x 2
  17. Impala1ss

Impala1ss Member

As always no good deed goes unpunished. The guy contributed valuable information. Read it, don't complain, and move on.

18. markb1

markb1 Active Member

I'm making a suggestion in the politest way I know how. I don't know that constitutes punishment. And there was actually nothing to read. It was just a video. That was my point.

• Like x 2
  19. dark cloud

dark cloud Member

Well I would say 2019.16.1.1 fixed this issue. I see no difference in browser speed with traffic updates on vs. off.

I am no expert here but bringing up html.5 test it took 8 seconds to render with traffic on or off. Previously it took 7 seconds (timed by me, not stopwatch so might be the same 8 seconds I get now..) with traffic off but 20 seconds to render the page with traffic on. Scored 320 every time fwiw.

Dare I say the browser is actually usable on my AP1 now?

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  20. viper2ko

viper2ko Member

Does the browser actually load? Im on 12.1.1 and I still just get a white screen