Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU1 - who’s gonna try 2020.48.37.8?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s the worrisome part… 37.6 had no change until XM disappeared/re-appeared and (for me) Nav issues. Honestly though that was the first time I had any issues with updates so all joking aside I’ll prob start the DL shortly.

I know I shouldn't be so hopeful when these updates trickle out to the older cars, but USB album art still doesn't work with this update. I think we have to accept that has moved to 'never to be fixed' status.
Now the question is we know what they didn't fix, but what did they break?

Reactions: aerodyne
I find it pretty ridiculous that we're forced to pay $1500 to receive basic functionality paid for

1. Frequent reboots and problems not being fixed because of a design failure
2. Paying for unlimited connectivity which is being revoked by 3G cutting service

Installing it right this second while plugged into a level 2 public charger.
But the message says "...charging disabled..." so nevermind that.

Attachments

• 20211015_011915_HDR.jpg
    20211015_011915_HDR.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 207
Well it said it was going to take 50 minutes, but it actually took about 15.
Says it's complete.
Neat.

Bluetooth & Wi-Fi stopped working about 3 months ago & I thought this update would fix it.
Those two things are still broken.
The issue must be hardware related. Oh well. Small price to pay for not spending 1,500 on MCU2. To me, at least.
Thankfully navigation still works, albeit slow, but it's there, nevertheless.
Tonight's update didn't break it. Thank the Lord for small favors.

Attachments

• 20211015_013133.jpg
    20211015_013133.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 136
Installing now on 2017 MX.

very frustrating that we are still getting 2020 updates when it’s almost 2022.

I feel like we are getting screwed, and they are not voting as much time to our software as they are to the newer cars. While I absolutely see what they are doing, they want you to buy the new cars, it kind of hurts my prospects of loving Tesla I’m getting a “future proof” car.

we do get updates, but not a lot of new features. MC2 can be installed to the car for $1,000 - $1,500 and many features will be available.

MC3 most like will won’t be offered to us, screen on the new cars is side ways. Like the model 3.

I’m a little confused on the pricing, I have EAP. In the app under subscription it’s only $1,000.

Now if you just upgrade to MC2 it’s $1,500.

It would be cheaper to subscribe for a month and cancel it.
The $1,000 under the subscription only gets you the HW3/FSD computer, not MCU2. (You would have to pay $1,500 to get MCU2 after that.)

If you want both it is a better deal to get the MCU2 upgrade, which includes the FSD computer, for $2,000. Then you could subscribe to FSD for $100/month.