Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU1 - who’s gonna try 2020.48.37.8?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anybody notice that autosteer now has their car hugging right side of lane after this latest update? My car was in the middle of the lane for years until after this most recent update.
Haven’t done the update but have observed so far this autosteer does bends to right side if there is large (or arbitrary traffic) vehicle coming on and they are closed to the middle line or even crossing this while driving on non highway. I believe this is a possible collision avoidance feature that has been introduced to the AP1 car’s. I’m still holding back on the update.

So basically, we do not get any of the new updates without mcu2? I should have done my research before getting this car smh. Now there's mcu3 so how long before mcu2 is useless?
I'm very confused, could I ask you all to please explain what is going on with and what are the mcu1 & 2 and the eMMC issues. I got a notice in March that Tesla was going to replace (via recall) the daughterboard containing an enhanced eMMC.

I waited several months and when I had it in for the AC harness repair they said they replaced the daughterboard with an extra one that they had for another customer and did something with the navigation system. Aside from that I really haven't seen much improvement with the infotainment operating system (still encounter loading errors on streaming, very poor microphone response, terrible connectivity issues, etc.) What does the mcu 1 and mcu 2 have to do with this? Is there an upgrade available that makes the system work better? They lent me a newer Model Y and that operating system was light years better than my 2017 Model S.

I'm very confused, could I ask you all to please explain what is going on with and what are the mcu1 & 2 and the eMMC issues. I got a notice in March that Tesla was going to replace (via recall) the daughterboard containing an enhanced eMMC.

I waited several months and when I had it in for the AC harness repair they said they replaced the daughterboard with an extra one that they had for another customer and did something with the navigation system. Aside from that I really haven't seen much improvement with the infotainment operating system (still encounter loading errors on streaming, very poor microphone response, terrible connectivity issues, etc.) What does the mcu 1 and mcu 2 have to do with this? Is there an upgrade available that makes the system work better? They lent me a newer Model Y and that operating system was light years better than my 2017 Model S.
Here is the official link for the MCU2 upgrade.

You had the emmc replaced, which should prevent the failure of your MCU1 due to the older emmc. But that free fix does not much to the systems performance.

MCU2 upgrade was a good choice for me, although I still get updates with bugs now and then. But at least the interface is fast and usable.

I've been waiting to install this update on my 2015 MCU1 Model S in case it breaks anything new. There are reports here of it causing the tire pressure reporting and TuneIn to fail. Can anyone inform us if these problems still exist with this update? I do have the eMMC "fix" but the only current problems are generally slow operation and the browser mostly not working. I do use TuneIn all of the time and particularly don't want to install this if it breaks that.

2020.48.37.8 Official Tesla Release Notes - Software Updates indicates that this update adds "View cellular modem capabilities and supported networks" and "Remain Connected to Wi-Fi in Drive" -- neither of these really matter to me so I'm in no rush.

A separate question: On an earlier update, it was supposed to add a separate offset for cruise control Resume from the Warning beep setting. I do see this on my MCU2.5 Model 3, but it doesn't appear on the MCU1 Model S. I can't think of any good reason to withhold this feature which I have been begging for ever since they changed the Resume function I think in 2016 or 2017. Do any MCU1 owners see the same thing?

I've been waiting to install this update on my 2015 MCU1 Model S in case it breaks anything new. There are reports here of it causing the tire pressure reporting and TuneIn to fail. Can anyone inform us if these problems still exist with this update? I do have the eMMC "fix" but the only current problems are generally slow operation and the browser mostly not working. I do use TuneIn all of the time and particularly don't want to install this if it breaks that.

2020.48.37.8 Official Tesla Release Notes - Software Updates indicates that this update adds "View cellular modem capabilities and supported networks" and "Remain Connected to Wi-Fi in Drive" -- neither of these really matter to me so I'm in no rush.

A separate question: On an earlier update, it was supposed to add a separate offset for cruise control Resume from the Warning beep setting. I do see this on my MCU2.5 Model 3, but it doesn't appear on the MCU1 Model S. I can't think of any good reason to withhold this feature which I have been begging for ever since they changed the Resume function I think in 2016 or 2017. Do any MCU1 owners see the same thing?
No TPMS issues for me. I don’t use TuneIn so can’t comment on that. This release seems stable.