Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU1 with emmc replaced (rooted)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After I upgraded to the MCU2, I held onto the MCU1 because it was rooted and still running 2019.16.1.1 (before the battery was nerfed). Once installed, it will allow the previous supercharging speeds before the nerf and remove the taper.
It has the LTE upgrade and I can give full access and passwords to SSH into the unit. Tesla can not remotely access this unit. Even at the service center. They will ask you to replace the MCU there because it isn’t compatible with toolbox. The emmc was upgraded and configured to write in such a way that it maximizes the longevity of the chip.
I was planning on keeping this for a salvage Model S project. Sadly I started a new job and don’t have the time or budget. The Gateway can be edited for your model S or X. I also have an instrument cluster that may need a new LCD.
The MCU1 LCD doesn’t leak or have air bubbles. Ready to be installed if you have an existing MCU1. It cannot be retrofitted into an MCU2 car. Asking 1200 OBO.

This just might work with my new to me 2013 S P85+ which currently is not running, everything works, cept it doesn't go into drive or accept charge. Previous owner changed Tegra with another from used car it seems to work but is slow to boot and sometimes screen goes bad so I should probably replace it with better unit. Is there any problem with Tesla unable to access my car? Will I lose any functionality like unlimited charging or free internet?

After I upgraded to the MCU2, I held onto the MCU1 because it was rooted and still running 2019.16.1.1 (before the battery was nerfed). Once installed, it will allow the previous supercharging speeds before the nerf and remove the taper.
It has the LTE upgrade and I can give full access and passwords to SSH into the unit. Tesla can not remotely access this unit. Even at the service center. They will ask you to replace the MCU there because it isn’t compatible with toolbox. The emmc was upgraded and configured to write in such a way that it maximizes the longevity of the chip.
I was planning on keeping this for a salvage Model S project. Sadly I started a new job and don’t have the time or budget. The Gateway can be edited for your model S or X. I also have an instrument cluster that may need a new LCD.
The MCU1 LCD doesn’t leak or have air bubbles. Ready to be installed if you have an existing MCU1. It cannot be retrofitted into an MCU2 car. Asking 1200 OBO.
I was wondering if you still had this MCU. I'm interested in buying it.