Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU1 with HW3 dashcam video. Very bad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update on my case:
  • Tesla has analyzed the remotely twice and concluded that they need to take car in for 24-48 hours analysis
  • Tesla representative have have not confirmer or denied that this an issue with every MCU1+FSD/HW3 car
  • For unrelated reasons, my car service has been postponed to November and thus Tesla has not yet analyzed my car
I documented the problem in a separate thread to call any affected car owners to report the problem in their cars. If the problem turns out to affect all cars with this configuration, it would be helpful for car owners if their discussion with Tesla to get them to resolve the issue.

We had issues with the recordings with HW3 & MCU1. Our car was originally AP2.0 & MCU1. With HW3 + MCU1 we had Sentry only, no dashcam, IIRC. I know we had Sentry, because we captured footage when someone backed into our car in a parking lot. With HW3 + MCU2 the video quality is much improved. It still occasionally skips, but not very often. The pixelation issues are resolved. Our pixelation was never as bad as @t3sl4drvr, but it did happen on just about every saved video. Once MCU2 dropped to $1500 we scheduled our appointment.

Reactions: t3sl4drvr
Did you ever get this resolved? I always thought it's my memory cards of choice - and have been through several, with same results. I had a loaner vehicle for an extended time, and used my trust pi teslacam - and lo and behold, the videos were spotless. So it's probably MCU1/AP3 related

Did you ever get this resolved? I always thought it's my memory cards of choice - and have been through several, with same results. I had a loaner vehicle for an extended time, and used my trust pi teslacam - and lo and behold, the videos were spotless. So it's probably MCU1/AP3 related
No resolution - at least not yet.

I can for certain conclude that it is not the the memory card: Did extensive enough testing with three very different ones (including fast SSD) and the issue is reproduced on each one of those.

I'll have a service appointment tomorrow. Lets see if Tesla is able to solve this...

I'll report back here.