Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU2 - Homelink stuck “getting ready to program”

tommytuna

Nov 16, 2020
Toronto, ON
Hi folks - recent upgrade to MCU2 - got homelink working fine by programming using my receiver. This week autoclose stopped working so deleted the Homelink settings and started from scratch.. now totally stuck at programming screen and it won’t go into remote learn mode - just keeps kicking back to “before we begin.. here’s what you need to do”..

grrr any ideas? Did reset with steering wheel and still not working. Tried changing transmit mode to D-mode and didn’t work either. I am stumped.

Attachments

• F17AD5DE-C984-4E0F-BE93-8CE23B70C240.jpeg
    F17AD5DE-C984-4E0F-BE93-8CE23B70C240.jpeg
    425 KB · Views: 14

tommytuna

Nov 16, 2020
Toronto, ON
Update: read a few other posts and took car for drive away from house and tried homelink programming procedure - no dice.

Wondering if I should try factory reset?

tommytuna

Nov 16, 2020
Toronto, ON
So I walked away for 1 hour and came back putting car into my wife’s profile and the programming worker - go figure!

autoopen works perfect every time - auto close got it to go 1/5 times. Anybody know the logic behind autoclose? Does one need to open garage door from homelink first and then reverse out?

I don’t even see the auto close warning come up like I do with auto open. Frustrating

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC