Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU2 - Retrofit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So as a recent request to upgrade MCU1 to 2. Took a couple days for a response.

Screenshot_20191013-102241_Messages.jpg
Screenshot_20191013-093615_Messages.jpg

Every service center has been staring that same company line.

Maybe Elon initially missed that meeting, but it is apparent from his latest tweet regarding the matter that he is aware that there currently is no upgrade path. Hopefully as he says, they really are “Working on it.” and he’ll make good on his initial statement.

Looks like the Change.com petition has stalled around 3500 signatures. Goal was 5k, and I’d love to see it get there for what it’s worth. A symbolic gesture to Elon and Tesla that there is a movement here that needs their attention.

As a note to my previous post.

MCU2 - Retrofit

"Hi this is Detroit Mobile Service, I had engineering clean up the cache on your MCU,
please check operation and see if things have gotten better. Thanks"

So it seems that this is the fix, or the response. I didn't really notice much of a difference. Most often still does not load pages, or takes 3 to 4 minutes to load. I can't imagine having engineering do this on mass scale is something that is very time efficient. Would think if people would pay for a retrofit they wouldn't have to do this cache cleanup.

Said they'd need Tesla to enable the software on the device after the swap.
Since Tesla will say "no" it probably is too good to be true.

Another reason Tesla needs to open up third party access for repair. When do the new Massachusetts laws go into effect? They're the only reason we ever got access to the repair manuals and they changed the law so Tesla has to offer their software (toolbox?) too so hardware changes can be programmed.

Reactions: HankLloydRight