Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU2 upgrade cost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was reduced in UK as well. I suspect we will soon get the price reduction as well. I wasnt going to do it with an AP1 car at >$3k but I may bite at $2k.
I imagine you are well outside the warranty period? I am experiencing the early symptoms of MCU1 failure but thus far Tesla is refusing to address it. I just paid over $1,300 for a recent repair so, I am not that keen of spending any more money on this car.

I imagine you are well outside the warranty period? I am experiencing the early symptoms of MCU1 failure but thus far Tesla is refusing to address it. I just paid over $1,300 for a recent repair so, I am not that keen of spending any more money on this car.

I am still under extended warrantee for another 10 months. My MCU1 seems to work pretty well. Rarely crashes or reboots and the browser even works from time to time (I use it for tesalwaze). The voice commands work after failing the first time.

I wonder if the EMMC fix makes the browser much more usable?

I am still under extended warrantee for another 10 months. My MCU1 seems to work pretty well. Rarely crashes or reboots and the browser even works from time to time (I use it for tesalwaze). The voice commands work after failing the first time.

I wonder if the EMMC fix makes the browser much more usable?
Forgot about the voice commands. Another area where mine is barely working.

It was reduced in UK as well. I suspect we will soon get the price reduction as well. I wasnt going to do it with an AP1 car at >$3k but I may bite at $2k.

Me too! I got a 2016 S that I just bought off and my wife drive a 2020 3... honestly, havn't found a reason to upgrade the entire car yet for more range or speed.. This upgrade might push off me buying a new car for another 4 years; saving some money lol.

Reactions: pilotSteve
I can do you one better - I just had mine done last week.

I sent an inquiry about refunding the difference - as expected they told me to go pound salt.

I had ours done in November. This is not nice. I get it, “it was my decision and it is an agreement. So if it was the other way round would you also pay more blah blah blah...”
However, we are talking not about $20, $50 or even $100 price difference. It is over 40%! I already paid premium dollars for my MX in 2017. A comparable MX would be tens of thousand cheaper now. This leaves a bad taste..