Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU2 Upgrade Horn Loss

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't often lean on the horn, but did have somebody cut me off in a very dangerous manner a few weeks after I had the MCU to upgrade on my model s. The horn was extremely weak, sounded like one of the two horns didn't sound at all. Check it a few times since then and is still doing the same thing.

Is there any chance this is related to the MCU upgrade? It seems to me that when my MCU1 failed a while ago the horn also did not work. That's why I'm wondering if this could be related.

I don't often lean on the horn, but did have somebody cut me off in a very dangerous manner a few weeks after I had the MCU to upgrade on my model s. The horn was extremely weak, sounded like one of the two horns didn't sound at all. Check it a few times since then and is still doing the same thing.

Is there any chance this is related to the MCU upgrade? It seems to me that when my MCU1 failed a while ago the horn also did not work. That's why I'm wondering if this could be related.

I got my MCU2 upgrade a while ago and the horn is unaffected. I'd get that checked out.