Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU2 upgrade in Europe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my MCU2 upgrade (and HW2 to 3) yesterday.
The difference is UI speed is tremendous. Starting a navigation from Belgium to South of italy takes 2 minutes on MCU1 (if it finishes, can also end in error message). On MCU2 it takes 5 seconds.
Also for me the camera recording is enabled.
The FSD with MCU2/HW3 is nothing short of spectacular in comparison to AP2. Of course I've not done long autopilot test yet.

When driving with MCU2 and the the new IC, all speed limit signs are showed on the Instrument Cluster and the current speed limit used by TACC is automatically set to the correct speed limit. This will means that Tesla is now using speed limits detected by cameras and not only GPS based speed limits (not always current !). Furthermore the speed limit change occurs almost at the location of the speed limit sign (so reducing the chance of getting a ticket !) :) I will have to check this behavior on highways with NOA.;)

In Switzerland you can put your garbage container one a week on the side of the street and today I saw a lot of these containers on the Instrument Cluster ;)

Last edited: