Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU2 upgrade install delayed for months, Parts backordered or what?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi @npardo ,

Try the wheel configuration reset:
Change your wheel size or color in the service options
Let the car reboot...
Change the wheel size or color to the correct setting.
Let the car reboot...

This change resets the car's gateway...
If it works, it is much less hassle than a factory reset
which requires all of your changes to be (re)set in the car.

Good luck,

Shawn

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
Hi @npardo ,

Let the car reboot...
Let the car reboot...

Good luck,

Shawn
Tried every reset possible other then wheel configuration reset. However that just seems to do a normal reset from what I could tell. Either go to the service center and have them fix it or factory reset. The full reset was the only way I could get it to download/ show the apps. There was alot of other stuff missing or broken I figured out too. Voice commands were halfass working, satellite radio, and others. The biggest pain factory resetting for me was homelink because I couldn't find the original garage door opener. Anyway good luck.

Hi @npardo ,

Let the car reboot...
Let the car reboot...

Good luck,

Shawn
Nice suggestion! Unfortunately it didn't work for me 😔. Voice control is broken, theater not working, tidal doesn't work, SeriusXM source still available (though I didn't pay for the radio tuner). And then this random seat sensor issue. I have no idea how they could have broken that one.

I really don't want to reset it but I think that's probably the cleanest solution. I don't want to let Tesla completely off the hook but I don't know what else to try.

After first scheduling my upgrade in early May, I just got my upgrade today.

I just picked up the car and somehow they've managed to break the driver's seat presence sensor? When I get in the car and close the door the screens turn off. Need to tap them or press the brake pedal to wake. A side effect is that when this happens, my phone doesn't automatically connect to Bluetooth either. Anyone else experience similar? Is this just a coincidence?

Additionally, the Tesla Theater is also not working, as I think someone else experienced earlier in the thread. Is there any way to rectify this short of a reset?

Not the experience I was hoping for after waiting 3+ months for this.

I did a factory reset before dropping the car for the upgrade and another one after I picked it up. My HomeLink icon was missing but the factory reset brought it back after waiting for an hour or so. The Park Assist Chimes was on but there was no audio or any visual IC warning, even after the factory reset. A simple reboot was the solution to that one.

I did a factory reset before dropping the car for the upgrade and another one after I picked it up. My HomeLink icon was missing but the factory reset brought it back after waiting for an hour or so. The Park Assist Chimes was on but there was no audio or any visual IC warning, even after the factory reset. A simple reboot was the solution to that one.
Just did the reset. Took pictures of everything to quickly set it all back to how I had it. The only issue now is Slacker doesn't work. When I tap the button to "Use Tesla Account" it says "invalid username and password." Always something I guess.

Just did the reset. Took pictures of everything to quickly set it all back to how I had it. The only issue now is Slacker doesn't work. When I tap the button to "Use Tesla Account" it says "invalid username and password." Always something I guess.

Glad to hear you made more progress. Reboot one more time, and give it more time. I do not use Slacker, but I believe "Use Tesla Account" is referring to Tesla's built-in account and not yours. If the Slacker does not work, give it some time and then use the app to open a ticket with Tesla to reset that account for you.

Glad to hear you made more progress. Reboot one more time, and give it more time. I do not use Slacker, but I believe "Use Tesla Account" is referring to Tesla's built-in account and not yours. If the Slacker does not work, give it some time and then use the app to open a ticket with Tesla to reset that account for you.
Yep, Tesla's built in account not working currently. I've read it might take 24 hours or so to figure itself out, but I added it to my current service ticket for the seat pressure sensor so hopefully they'll be able to reset it for me if not.

Reactions: Droschke
Yep, Tesla's built in account not working currently. I've read it might take 24 hours or so to figure itself out, but I added it to my current service ticket for the seat pressure sensor so hopefully they'll be able to reset it for me if not.
Slacker Radio is dead (I believe), I was not aware you could sign in at all.. With that said, I now use Tidal and Spotify.

Last edited:
Slacker Radio is dead (I believe), I was not aware you could sign in at all.. With that said, I now use Tidal and Spotify.
Can you elaborate on Slacker being "dead"? My car has always used the Slacker account associated with it, and it has worked without issue for years, including after the initial MCU upgrade. The credentials were just lost when I reset it.

I'm not going to be happy if they try to tell me my account has "expired" as I really don't want to pay $10 a month for another service.

It's no longer Slacker Radio. Now it's called Live one. Go to slackerradio.com and it will redirect you. I still have a slacker radio account and even it will not work. Maybe if you create an account for that liveone it will work. Anyway the service center would probably know more. It hasn't worked on my car after MCU2 upgrade either.

Just as an update for those still waiting for parts: my car was repaired on Monday. Working well. I didn’t do the radio upgrade (extra $500 to keep FM radio, no thanks) because I use Bluetooth with my phone almost exclusively.

The dashboard looks slightly different, but it’s essentially the same. MCU2 is definitely a nice upgrade. A bit more responsive and better features.

Overall I’m happy, but wish it didn’t take 4 months for parts to show up.

I finally got mine, but streaming music didn't work, my phone app wouldn't unlock the car or open the trunk, the subwoofer pops whenever I enter the car, and the tech left something on my dash that slid off and to the side of the passenger seat. I fished around with my hand for it and found it to be a razor blade. Fortunately I was not cut.

The music and app were fixed remotely but it took a while. The subwoofer still pops upon entry, they say it will take a visit to diagnose.