Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU2 upgrade is CAD $2.6k now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SilverGS

Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
How much have you paid for the MCU2 upgrade in Canada?

I just got a quote for $2.6k CAD. My car is a June 2016 build with refreshed bumper and AP1.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220322-123814.png
    Screenshot_20220322-123814.png
    290.7 KB · Views: 162
Yes, that's roughly what I was charged about a month ago - I think part of it is also the FM tuner portion ($690) as you lose AM/FM with the MCU2 upgrade ($2K) but with an added module you at least get back FM. I was on the fence about it, but since then I'm liking the change. Voice commands actually work and are expansive! The Dashcam/Sentry and the ability to view it, there's other things that came with MCU2 that didn't come with MCU1 and everything seems to be much more snappy.

Don't forget labour is on top of this, so you're approaching $3K by the time it's all done (if they don't find something else that needs fixing).

Yes, that's roughly what I was charged about a month ago - I think part of it is also the FM tuner portion ($690) as you lose AM/FM with the MCU2 upgrade ($2K) but with an added module you at least get back FM. I was on the fence about it, but since then I'm liking the change. Voice commands actually work and are expansive! The Dashcam/Sentry and the ability to view it, there's other things that came with MCU2 that didn't come with MCU1 and everything seems to be much more snappy.

Don't forget labour is on top of this, so you're approaching $3K by the time it's all done (if they don't find something else that needs fixing).
I had them remove the FM/Sirius module as I don't ever listen to the radio in the car. Quote is a much more reasonable CAD $2k + tax now