Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU2 upgrade USB music

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this has been addressed but I cannot find a definitive answer. Can you still play music from the usb port in the car once you upgrade from MCU1 to MCU2 ?

My car is a 2016 P90DL.

Thank you.

UGH…. I’ve looked thru the forums trying to find out how to get my music on a USB drive to play. I think it’s a user error and I cant find a link where I can trouble shoot it. I’ve used a hub on the 2 center ports, nothing happens, and I used a hub on the glove port and that doesn’t work either. Can someone point me in the right direction. (I’m a new owner and trying to figure everything out). Thanks!

UGH…. I’ve looked thru the forums trying to find out how to get my music on a USB drive to play. I think it’s a user error and I cant find a link where I can trouble shoot it. I’ve used a hub on the 2 center ports, nothing happens, and I used a hub on the glove port and that doesn’t work either. Can someone point me in the right direction. (I’m a new owner and trying to figure everything out). Thanks!
Don't use a hub. Plug a USB stick directly into one of the two usb ports in the center console with MP3s on it and it will work. Format the USB stick with FAT32 or FAT16. No issues here. Now if you want the cover pic to show up, then that kinda works... it's been on and off through various firmware versions. With the latest, it will display the correct cover pic until you switch to a different one. The original pic sticks.

Anyone able to get USB play to resume at the last spot after parking at leaving the car? The most recent software update on my 2015 Model S 70D (2022.4.5.3) no longer resumes USB play. It goes to the Tidal source and nothing plays. It used to work with some odd work arounds mentioned in the link below. But doesnt now. Thanks.