Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU2 yellow edges and faded maps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took delivery of a MS 100D from Tesla. It has just over 20K miles and looks fabulous. I sold my M3 the same day. Both cars made in May of 2018. The MS has the newer MCU.

When I pointed out the yellow halo on the MCU, the Tesla CSR said that the yellow did not interfere with the operation of the vehicle. If I wanted a replacement, I'd have to pay for myself. He said to make an appointment with service. "Maybe they can do a treatment on it so the yellow doesn't show as much." This didn't give me much confidence in the way they addressed an obvious factory-caused problem.

When I got home, and moved my M3 out of the garage, I noticed the vivid screen and clear contrast between light and dark screen elements. The MS looks faded or as if someone turned down the contrast to an absurd level. Colors are nearly all the same variation of grey. Also, the M3 screens load nearly instantly, while the MS's screen labors to expand or contract the map.

Here's my question: Is this fading typical on all MS cars? What can I do to compel Tesla to replace the screen? Do all MS have the slow loading of maps?