TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

MD - EVSE Rebate Program 2.0

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by MacGreiner, Sep 9, 2017.

1. MacGreiner

MacGreiner Member

2. Kannangm

Kannangm New Member

I submitted the application after installing HPWC a few weeks ago. I will post once I know. They didnt send the application back, so it may be a good sign.

• Like x 1
  3. farbster

farbster Member

One of the electricians I spoke to said that you had to have the permit to get the rebate. I'm sure the state isn't handing out rebates for non-permitted work.

• Informative x 1
  4. Kannangm

Kannangm New Member

Received email from state, the rebate was approved and everything has been processed. They will be sending to Finance dept for payment.

• Informative x 1
  5. B-radd

B-radd Member

Glad you got yours. I submitted mine a couple months ago and haven’t heard anything yet. I will be calling them tomorrow. Thanks for sharing.

6. aloha1906

aloha1906 Member

Just an update from a recent application.

I submitted my completed application 12/1/17. Received confirmation that it is processed for payment on 12/8/17. Very prompt service on their part.

• Like x 1
  7. B-radd

B-radd Member

I re submitted and had a response in a week.

8. Kannangm

Kannangm New Member

Received rebate check today. The delay was from not seeing an email two months ago that they lost the picture of the installed wall unit. I sent it via email attachment the second time and it worked out.

9. MacGreiner

MacGreiner Member

How long is the lag time then from confirmation to check? A couple of weeks?

10. Kannangm

Kannangm New Member

Four weeks.

11. farbster

farbster Member

I had my install done and sent in the paperwork. They said they submitted it for payment on Jan 3 and it should be 4-6 weeks to get the check.

Just a few pointers for everyone...
    1. they need a photo of the outlet (I just put in the NEMA 14-50 outlet) with the car plugged in
    2. they look up the owner of the house and it needs to match the name of the person asking for the credit. My house is titled in my wife's name and that was an issue at first. The guy from the State said that as long as I had permission to install that would be ok. I told him that the name on the house was my wife's name.
    3. The actual cost of the permit is approximately $30. The electricians always put an upcharge on that because they have to send an employee to stand in line etc. I had them put whatever their markup was into the price of the installation and then I got that rebated (or the percentage)

12. AlecBee

AlecBee New Member

I called the program office this morning. As of today, only about 30% of the $1.2M budget for EVSE rebates in FY18 has been paid out, so there's no rush to get your paperwork in.

• Like x 1
  13. GOPJEW

GOPJEW Member

I assume the HPWC is a Level 2? I am assuming no one has tried to claim the credit against a referral award?

14. sb74

sb74 Member

Our rebate check recently arrived, just over 4 weeks from submission and 3 weeks from date of notification by the state. :)

15. CHRGIT

CHRGIT Member

16. Chopr147

Chopr147 Active Member

17. bhakan

bhakan Member

I applied to MD EVSE rebates. I used HAVEPOWER (recommended by Tesla) to install my Tesla HPWC in Dec 2017. They refunded me 40% of the total installation and the cost of HPWC. It was not cheap. But 40 % is $1400 is better than than nothing.. It was quick. Got my check in less than 4 weeks.

18. bro1999

bro1999 Active Member

For those that had their installs completed rebates approved, how much did the permits cost? Or what did your electrician charge for pulling permits?

19. MacGreiner

MacGreiner Member

I had mine approved without the permit, but with accompanying documentation from the electrician. They wanted another $300 for an actual permit.

20. bro1999

bro1999 Active Member

What if your rebate application was denied for lack of permit? Can you (or the electrician) apply for one after the fact?