Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MD - EVSE Rebate Program 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my install done and sent in the paperwork. They said they submitted it for payment on Jan 3 and it should be 4-6 weeks to get the check.

Just a few pointers for everyone...
  1. they need a photo of the outlet (I just put in the NEMA 14-50 outlet) with the car plugged in
  2. they look up the owner of the house and it needs to match the name of the person asking for the credit. My house is titled in my wife's name and that was an issue at first. The guy from the State said that as long as I had permission to install that would be ok. I told him that the name on the house was my wife's name.
  3. The actual cost of the permit is approximately $30. The electricians always put an upcharge on that because they have to send an employee to stand in line etc. I had them put whatever their markup was into the price of the installation and then I got that rebated (or the percentage)

I applied to MD EVSE rebates. I used HAVEPOWER (recommended by Tesla) to install my Tesla HPWC in Dec 2017. They refunded me 40% of the total installation and the cost of HPWC. It was not cheap. But 40 % is $1400 is better than than nothing.. It was quick. Got my check in less than 4 weeks.