Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MD HOV Permit Holder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I've had a thread going in the Model S forum, but being both a Model S and Model 3 owner, I want to cross-post to this forum.

Out of a desire to not attach the Maryland HOV sticker to either our Model S nor our Model 3, I designed [patent pending] a metal, non-permanent, secure MD HOV permit holder that attaches the HOV permit in the bumper area next to the license plate without any damage to the car. It attaches using the existing license plate screws and extends out beside the license plate. I sized it based on the Maryland HOV sticker which is 4 1/8 inches square. Additional shapes/sizes can also be made.

You attach the sticker to the permit holder and attach the permit holder to the car using the existing the license plate screws. The permit holder makes it appear that the sticker is attached to the bumper when, in reality, it is sitting about 1/4 inch away from the bumper. To remove it, you have to remove the license plate from the car, which deters theft.

I just sold the last hand-made one in stock, but I have a batch from a manufacturer arriving this week, and the patent on it is complete, yay! You can pre-order one now and I'll ship it when it's ready (anticipated within the next week or so). I also just posted a website to make the ordering easier, and checkout through PayPal.

Permit Holder

Permit Holder

HOV Sticker / Tag Holder - secure and non-damaging

Ignore the dirt on the car - I drive my car a lot, weather has been a mess and the car needs a good washing!

Model3.jpg
ModelS-1.jpeg
ModelS-2.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.