Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MD HOV Permit Picked Up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A month after delivery I've received my MD tags and registration. I feel a lot more comfortable driving with MD tags on the car.

I was told I'd need to fill out the HOV sticker paperwork by the Rockville Service Center so read through and filled out the followng:
High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) Permit Issuance for Plug-in Electric Vehicles
http://www.mva.maryland.gov/Resources/VR-335.pdf

I walked into the Glen Burnie MVA office went upstairs to the office indicated in the first link handed in the VR-335 form and was handed a HOV sticker within minutes.

Here's a pic of it:
MD_HOVsticker_1024x768.jpg

A month after delivery I've received my MD tags and registration. I feel a lot more comfortable driving with MD tags on the car.

Same here!

I was told I'd need to fill out the HOV sticker paperwork by the Rockville Service Center so read through and filled out the followng:
High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) Permit Issuance for Plug-in Electric Vehicles
http://www.mva.maryland.gov/Resources/VR-335.pdf

I walked into the Glen Burnie MVA office went upstairs to the office indicated in the first link handed in the VR-335 form and was handed a HOV sticker within minutes.

Thanks for posting about this. I'd had the form bookmarked but forgotten about it.

I didn't realize this only lasts till the end of September. Any idea whether it'll be renewed? If so, I don't like the idea of having to keep replacing a sticker (or putting a sticker on another sticker on another one on...the paint). I'm rarely on 270 or 50 east of the Beltway, so maybe I shouldn't bother....

Same here!

Thanks for posting about this. I'd had the form bookmarked but forgotten about it.

I didn't realize this only lasts till the end of September. Any idea whether it'll be renewed? If so, I don't like the idea of having to keep replacing a sticker (or putting a sticker on another sticker on another one on...the paint). I'm rarely on 270 or 50 east of the Beltway, so maybe I shouldn't bother....

np. Yeah it sucks it only lasts a few months. I didn't ask about if it would be renewed. I'm dreading slapping stickers on top of stickers. 50 east is my main stretch of highway to work and the HOV lane is a huge time saver.

I'd much rather MD implemented a dedicated plate like in inottawa's post. I've seen far worse stickers than this though.

I mailed the form more than a week ago and decided to call to check the wait time. The official answer that I got was 16 days of wait time for mailed applications.

Thanks for the information. I decided to walk into the Glen Burnie MVA office and went upstairs. It really took just few minutes to get the ticker on my hand as it was posted few years ago. I am very happy and would like to share the it with whoever wants to get the sticker quickly and stop the pain of 270.

BTW, Tesla sales told me Rockville service center would get the HOV sticker for me with license plate. We did the HOV form during delivery process, but somehow Rockville SC forgot to send the form for me. I was surprised that they are not very organized.

So I got my HOV sticker in the mail today, but I'm kind of loathing the idea of actually putting it on.

Is there a trick to getting them completely off and not messing up the paint?

My idea was to take a rectangle of plastic drill a hole or two that can go behind the license plate and then affix the sticker to the plastic instead of the car.

I have not implemented it, though. My sticker sits in my glove box while we wait for procrastination to run out.

I have used a hair dryer in the past to remove stickers from vehicles with no harm.

Also, I was pulled over once on Rt 50 by a Maryland State policeman in the HOV lane. After he pulled me over, he THEN noticed the HOV sticker. I asked him if the sticker wasn't properly displayed what would have happened. He said I would have received a ticket regardless if it was on the rear window, in the glovebox or anywhere else other than how it is described to mount the sticker. FYI.

Yeah, the hope was that being affixed to the plastic that is mounted to the license plate holder would make it appear close enough to mounted properly (w/in 12" of the rear license plate, if I recall) that I'd be OK from a distance.

I have used a hair dryer in the past to remove stickers from vehicles with no harm.

Also, I was pulled over once on Rt 50 by a Maryland State policeman in the HOV lane. After he pulled me over, he THEN noticed the HOV sticker. I asked him if the sticker wasn't properly displayed what would have happened. He said I would have received a ticket regardless if it was on the rear window, in the glovebox or anywhere else other than how it is described to mount the sticker. FYI.

Yeah, I've read about folks in California getting an HOV ticket in an EV with valid stickers in their glovebox.

HOV for plug-in electric has been extended another year. Newly added that Hybrids can get a sticker for HOV on Rt 50 (limit of 2,000). Also need to always have proof of insurance.

Attachments

• Carrying Insurance HOV permits 10 3 2016 (1).pdf
    69.5 KB · Views: 107
  • Informative
Reactions: loganss