Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Me thinks the Feds are about to start putting Elon in check a bit..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure how that answers my question
Ok - let me try it this way.

There are hundreds and hundreds of cases where "controversies" created on twitter and other social media have resulted in changes. The easiest examples would be getting sponsorships removed from controversial TV programs. Then, there are all those controversial ads that were pulled because of "internet" reaction.

If you are familiar with "political" twitter, you would have seen these.

Ok - let me try it this way.

There are hundreds and hundreds of cases where "controversies" created on twitter and other social media have resulted in changes. The easiest examples would be getting sponsorships removed from controversial TV programs. Then, there are all those controversial ads that were pulled because of "internet" reaction.

If you are familiar with "political" twitter, you would have seen these.

Cool story bro.

I'm not really talking about people getting #woke about whoever a sports drink picked for a spokesperson or whatever though.

Now back to what I asked- can you cite an example of an internet petition that actually changed anything?

More specifically one that changed a government appointment or policy as this one appears to be aiming to do?

The way to do this is to petition your senators to oppose the nomination in confirmation hearings.

Yes, that kind of a thing has been "arranged" on "internet" and people like Neera have been withdrawn.

Can you link me to the petition that accomplished that?

Because AFAIK what actually killed their nomination was the 1000 or so tweets they self-deleted including ones attacking numerous senators, including calling Susan Collins "the worst", comparing Ted Cruz to vampires, and using the nickname "Moscow Mitch" for Mitch McConnell and comparing him to Lord Voldemort.

Plus, of course, Missys new job doesn't require senate approval at all

There's nothing to really stop here- if they want her in the job they just put her there.

Im thinking that if Elons history of FSD related tweets simply aligned with what was/is stated in the terms and conditions and legalese around FSD? There would not be much of an issue...

Wasnt there a quote earlier this year from someone in Tesla who stated something along the lines of Elon's views of FSD arent realistic? (Im guessing that person may not still be employed at Tesla, by the way)

Plus, of course, Missys new job doesn't require senate approval at all

Of course they do

heads of most federal reg agencies do.

This is not a nomination for the head of the agency. In fact earlier in this thread it was pointed out that this position is not even on the org chart.

Considering ghe suggestions of bias, however, it would be interesting to know whether her appointment requires disclosure of her investment portfolio, at least to a third party who could keep confidence but identify conflict of interest. My guess would be no, but I'm not sure.

Generally I'm not too much in favor of intrusive disclosure requirements, but for people who wield policy and regulatory power & influence it's a very fair question.

So - does she require confirmation or not ?

Anyway, if she doesn't require confirmation - the best option would be to start a targeted campaign to get our reps / senators to pressure Biden administration.

So - does she require confirmation or not ?

Anyway, if she doesn't require confirmation - the best option would be to start a targeted campaign to get our reps / senators to pressure Biden administration.

She does not.

The OTHER person, who is not her, who is nominated to actually head the agency, does.

You're confusing 2 different people nominated for 2 different jobs (though at the same agency)

Reactions: omarsultan