Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Meadowhall Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Met the guy who works for (or possibly owns, judging by the car he was in..) the firm who maintains the charging points at Meadowhall shopping center in Sheffield yesterday. Had a good chat with him and he said that they have plans to add 50x type 2 chargers to the Green car park, but also add 8x superchargers. He said Meadowhall wanted to be "the greenest shopping center in the UK". Can't see any planning applications yet but good news if indeed it comes true....

Will update when & if I see/hear anything. This may be a replacement for Barnsley, then again, it may not - no sign of the Woodall NB works yet either, so who really knows.

Cheers
Ed

PS. For anyone else around Sheffield/Woodhead Pass area, there are 6x rapids going in at Fox Valley at some point - planning decision due soon.

Reactions: M1tch and Terry_B58
That's interesting news, both for Fox Valley and Meadowhall, although they'll have to go some to beat Milton Keynes for this, they have loads of chargers!. Makes sense really as Meadowhall is pretty easy to get to just off the motorway and frankly, the 2 at Tankersley should be replaced really. Heard of a few people being told they are for hotel guests only.

Just thought, I wonder if this is anything to do with the £280 million extension they're planning at Meadowhall...

Hi All,

Met the guy who works for (or possibly owns, judging by the car he was in..) the firm who maintains the charging points at Meadowhall shopping center in Sheffield yesterday. Had a good chat with him and he said that they have plans to add 50x type 2 chargers to the Green car park, but also add 8x superchargers. He said Meadowhall wanted to be "the greenest shopping center in the UK". Can't see any planning applications yet but good news if indeed it comes true....

Will update when & if I see/hear anything. This may be a replacement for Barnsley, then again, it may not - no sign of the Woodall NB works yet either, so who really knows.

Cheers
Ed

PS. For anyone else around Sheffield/Woodhead Pass area, there are 6x rapids going in at Fox Valley at some point - planning decision due soon.

1666366014667.png