Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

? Mealer American Motors ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just answering questions...

Perhaps Mealer should just remain quiet until things CAN be explained? Right now the company sounds like it's selling snake-oil, and silly posts about the creator don't exactly help.

I'm going to take your advice... THIS is the reason our PR people want me to NOT make comments right now. I oftentimes insult myself! No offense meant. Oh.. and the Creator comments was from me simply answering a question asking if "God" powered the MEALER. Certainly you read it.

Wind

The only things we agree upon are US based energy and smog free skies.

Eco groups like the Sierra club are for new Hydroelectric power and Windmills given that building Dirty Coal and Nuke generating plants that kill far more wildlife.

Your concept is indeed intriguing. What are your public patent numbers?

Hey vfx.... I just tend to mouth off when I am in a bad mood (sorry). To be honest I was once a member of the Sierra Club up until they aligned with a radical group who drove spikes through trees and nearly killed a logger (his saw chain blew apart and cut an artery)...
Dirty coal is nothing but bad and the mining under homes who later collapse is evil. Wind generators are the way to go in the areas where solar is not a boom. Northern Arizona alone could power the southwest from wind power.

Al

I fully agree.
I love it how he makes this a bi-partisan thing, blaming things on Al Gore. I'm willing to bet if Gore ran this country for the last eight years, there would be far more electric vehicles on the road today.

As for the smog comment; refinerys are one of the biggest commercial polluters. In addition to co2 there are many toxic chemicals released during both the refining and using fossil fuels for energy processes. He conveniently left that part out.

I didn't blame Al Gore for nada.. I just don't care for his line of reasoning.

well

Given the way this Mealer guy talks, I'm surprised at how respectful this community has been to him. He really needs to consider how alienating his ramblings are, and how they detract from the supposed goal of his company.

You are right John. I apologize and should not bring my bad mood with me.
I promise to re-read whatever I type before posting and I will try to figure out where I lack the respect I seem to be missing...

First, please learn to quote properly. It makes the posts a lot easier to read.

That's a nice set-up. Wind is the key esp on cloudy days.. Besides, if we could get past the light spectrum issues solar could work on cloudy days.

I'm not sure what the "light spectrum issues" which you refer to are in this context. Yes, a lot of effort is being put into making PV cells which can harvest energy from more wavelengths (multi-junction etc), but that does not cover every type of solar plant and does not preclude the use of today's cells in a real-world plant.

Any installation can 1) be sized for the worst case period (winter) and 2) include batteries as a buffer or export back to the grid etc.

Does Home Solar Power Generation Work on Cloudy Days

Perhaps one of the most popular myths about the use of solar energy is that on days when the weather is stormy or there is not much sunshine, that anyone who relies solely on solar power will simply have to shut down operations and make do. Fortunately, this is not the case for several reasons.

For instance, the United Kingdom on average experiences 2.5 hours of energy producing sunlight per day over the course of a year. This average is more than sufficient with current technology to handle the power demands of the average household without draining the solar modules down to nothing

So, even with that much average sunlight (which other calculations so includes cosine losses), I could run a Roadster for around 8000 miles per year in the UK from panels on my own small garage. Add a mini wind turbine and you have enough for peoples' average mileage.

However, it won't be possible for many people to do this (lack of garage, etc), so that is why it is important that the desert solar stations and continental super-grid are set up.

Okay.. I just grabbed this CO2 site quickly and hit the same wite you just quoted. We really can;t put an exact finger on CO2 dangers

But we can start to put boundaries around them.

if any exist...

Which the overwhelming balance of scientific evidence (not modelling) now says they do.

It is pure speculation.

No it isn't. It's a consistent theory backed up by masses of data.

There's direct evidence and there's a multitude of circumstancial evidence - thousands of different seemingly non-linked effects - that when taken together point to only one thing. You seem to have an issue with this. The people that claim climate change is blind faith or a new religion are the very people that ignore the science and have blind faith in the opposite.

We also don't know whether this solar cycle 24 is going to throw something at Earth that humans have ever experienced before.

Of course, there are variations in the solar cycle which can't be predicted. However, the variability in the incident energy at Earth over previous cycles was ~0.1%. This translates to a variation in temperature of 0.1 deg C, or 20% of the rise measured over the last century. In other words, although the Sun has an influence, something else is driving the overall trend. Even if the next solar maximum is very quiet, it will not stop this rise.

The STS on the MEALER-STS engine description is more or less something to throw off intelligent engineers who patent protection cannot deter...

As vfx said, please quote your patent numbers. If you have them, there should be nothing to fear in doing that.

I am not here to argue with you. Do you feel threatened?
Such as in China, etc.

Do I feel threatened? No.

Do I have blind faith in anyone that turns up and says "I have this magic solution to the World's problems, trust me"? No.

You may think you are not here to argue, but by turning up and saying that everyone else's view on the issues and/or solutions to them is wrong, that is exactly what you have done. Other people may take what you have to say at face value. As you can see, many here don't.

If you don't engage and continue to dodge the questions with clichéd anti-climate change and political references, then at best you will be ignored.