TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Mechanics/workshops that can install red brake calipers for 70D and do other stuff?

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by garethmchau, Feb 28, 2016.

1. garethmchau

garethmchau Member

Hi, can anyone please give me good recommendations for workshops or mechanics who can powder paint the brake calipers on 70D to red? Anyone who has done this preferably and cost please reply or pm me. Presumably, the cost will include wheel alignment after too.

As the Tesla service centre does not do custom jobs, having a reliable mechanic as an alternative will be useful too.

Many thanks all!

2. James Anders

James Anders Member

3. ediot

ediot Member

since OP specifically mentioned powder paint, i'd assume he meant powdercoating. that means taking the calipers off the car, hanging them up and run a charge thru them so that dry powder paint can be sprayed onto it - the calipers are then BAKED so that the powder melts and form the paint coating. this isn't a DIY thing.

i'd agree with you, however, on considering going the DIY route. the product in your link is just the lazyman's package of spray paint, cleaner, masking tape etc - all of which you could just buy separately - it'll do a good enough job if you're willing to put some time and effort into it. another option is using PlastiDip, its a bit more costly but more less possibly of screwing up.

powder coating is a bit of overkill TBH, but i doubt OP is willing to go the DIY route.

4. garethmchau

garethmchau Member

Yes definitely no DIY. Any HK mechanics or workshops recommended?

5. ifung90

ifung90 Member

Yes I asked my tire shop today cause I saw them painting calipers for clients. They do a fairly good work and apparently is advertised by tesla Hong Kong club on Facebook.

$1600 hkd for all four corners with tesla logos.

Shop is called Wheelsland in prince Edward. Near the police creation club.

• Like x 1
  6. garethmchau

garethmchau Member

Excellent thanks!!!

7. garethmchau

garethmchau Member

Sorry ifung, can I ask what is powdercoating in Chinese? I am not born in HK so chinese is crap. thanks!

8. garethmchau

garethmchau Member

Saw today that the online Tesla shop has red brake calipers as an after production upgrade!

[​IMG]

$ 2,300.00

Model S Red Brake Calipers Set

Has this always been there???

I'm checking with DS whether I can install this in HK after my 70D arrives.