Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Media app forgetting presets

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the second time in the past two months or so my media app has decided to just "forget" one of my presets.
This time, at least, the event seemed to be coincident with the computers getting into a fairly messed up state
that required a reboot. Has anyone else noticed presets being forgotten? Btw, rebooting did not bring back the
lost preset.

For the second time in the past two months or so my media app has decided to just "forget" one of my presets.
This time, at least, the event seemed to be coincident with the computers getting into a fairly messed up state
that required a reboot. Has anyone else noticed presets being forgotten? Btw, rebooting did not bring back the
lost preset.
There's a thread on that somewhere. I think people were saying it was "user error" by swiping it or something. I've had it happen to me too but I'm not sure if it was me or a bug.

lost preset.
Mine hasn't forgotten, but it has labeled all 5 AM presets as KNX. I know there have been a lot of media mergers, but there is still only one frequency per call sign.

There's a thread on that somewhere. I think people were saying it was "user error" by swiping it or something. I've had it happen to me too but I'm not sure if it was me or a bug.
If you (mistakenly) press the thumb wheel on the right side of the steering wheel, it removes the station you are currently listening to from the favorites list. Press it again, its back. Again, its gone, Etc.

I have seen this many times - and I was the poster in the 7.1 thread about this - I am certain it wasn't 'user error' on two or more occasions when I know that the station was tuned and preset when I exited the car, then several hours later it was gone and the radio tuned to the next higher preset.

No one touched the screen for any reason when exiting, nor when re-entering. No scroll wheels were touched either.

So there is definitely a bug where the station preset goes away - even if sometimes it is user error

• Informative
Reactions: RogerHScott
In addition to periodically losing the radio presets, I'm also seeing the media player is forgetting the last selected (AM/FM/XM) radio channel, so I have to manually retune almost every day, when shifting from USB to radio.

We aren't talking about a lot of data here... How hard can it be to have the media player save it's state periodically - and have the state restored when the media player is started the next time...

C'mon, folks, let's be a little reasonable here. A media player with the sort of highly advanced 2008-era capabilities as that in
the Model S can't be expected to be perfect. The mind boggles at the software complexity required to support six (6!) presets,
not to mention the ability to linearly scroll through literally hundreds of XM channels. ;)

C'mon, folks, let's be a little reasonable here. A media player with the sort of highly advanced 2008-era capabilities as that in
the Model S can't be expected to be perfect. The mind boggles at the software complexity required to support six (6!) presets,
not to mention the ability to linearly scroll through literally hundreds of XM channels. ;)
I know you're being sarcastic but if this problem is true I think what's going on here is while trying to fix one thing in MP Tesla broke something else.