Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Media Bluetooth connection to Android 6.0.1 (Nexus 5)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Wilco0

Oct 24, 2016
UK
The new 8.0 update (UK) was installed on my car whilst in the service center. Upon its return I now cannot play music from my phone over Bluetooth. The phone is connected and the phone and "phone contacts" options are available on the Telsa Bluetooth page, but the "media" option is greyed out. The phone shows a Bluetooth connection but playing music on the phone just causes it to play through the phone speaker.

I've tried forgetting the Bluetooth connection on both ends and re-pairing, however I still cannot select the "media" option on the Tesla UI. Has anyone experienced a similar issue?

My phone is a nexus 5 running android 6.0.1 with all the latest google security updates. Whilst the car was in the service center I had it connnected to a loaner car (Mercedes Benz), could this have changed any settings?

Thanks.

A casual delete and re-pair did not work for me but a full sequence of:
  • Delete all phone profiles from Tesla
  • Reboot UI and Dash
  • Delete Tesla profile from phone
  • Restart Phone
  • Re-pair phone to Tesla
Worked. Probably don't need all those steps! Thanks for the advice guys.

Incidentally, AlexanderW you appear to share a first name and last initial with myself. Welcome to the forum, you may have been lurking as long as I have!

The new 8.0 update (UK) was installed on my car whilst in the service center. Upon its return I now cannot play music from my phone over Bluetooth. The phone is connected and the phone and "phone contacts" options are available on the Telsa Bluetooth page, but the "media" option is greyed out. The phone shows a Bluetooth connection but playing music on the phone just causes it to play through the phone speaker.

I've tried forgetting the Bluetooth connection on both ends and re-pairing, however I still cannot select the "media" option on the Tesla UI. Has anyone experienced a similar issue?

My phone is a nexus 5 running android 6.0.1 with all the latest google security updates. Whilst the car was in the service center I had it connnected to a loaner car (Mercedes Benz), could this have changed any settings?

Thanks.
I'll test my Nexus 7 over Bluetooth with marshmallow and get back to you if it has the same problem.

A casual delete and re-pair did not work for me but a full sequence of:
  • Delete all phone profiles from Tesla
  • Reboot UI and Dash
  • Delete Tesla profile from phone
  • Restart Phone
  • Re-pair phone to Tesla
Worked. Probably don't need all those steps! Thanks for the advice guys.

Incidentally, AlexanderW you appear to share a first name and last initial with myself. Welcome to the forum, you may have been lurking as long as I have!

I have been trying all the Tesla Tips and still no success with seeing my contacts when my Samsung S7 Edge was connect via Bluetooth to the car. After a week of attempts, I saw and followed your sequence, and PROBLEM SOLVED! Thanks for posting. :)