Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Media control card disappears

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the past week on two different occasions, the new media control card on the lower left screen disappeared while I was driving. As a result, no access to media, trips, or tire pressure via the card. I think it happened as I was scrolling up the climate screen. Both times I had to pull off the road and do a reboot to restore things. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to restore other than with a reboot, which I am very reluctant to do while driving?

In the past week on two different occasions, the new media control card on the lower left screen disappeared while I was driving. As a result, no access to media, trips, or tire pressure via the card. I think it happened as I was scrolling up the climate screen. Both times I had to pull off the road and do a reboot to restore things. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to restore other than with a reboot, which I am very reluctant to do while driving?
When media card disappears, a musical note symbol appears at the bottom of the screen. Press this restores the card

Someone posted this at the Model 3 forum
1673559710346.png

I just discovered that when you scroll *down* on the media card, it disappears and the music icon shows up in the app strip at the bottom. Pressing the music icon restores the media card. I must have accidentally scrolled down as I was fiddling with the climate. Mystery solved.