Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Media Mistake - False] No FM, Bluetooth, or USB Audio either?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For anyone worried about USB media playback: the monroney sticker for the Model 3 specifically mentions "2 USB ports for media and power"

Attachments

• IMG_0664.JPG-1.jpeg
    IMG_0664.JPG-1.jpeg
    408.9 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: Tam
My concern is when will USB playback through a phone's media be available. Hopefully sooner rather than later. I like to scroll through different playlists and do other stuff beyond what simple bluetooth streaming allows. I don't like to hit shuffle and listen to what combo someone else picks out. I want to pick my order of songs, and that changes capriciously.

There were also reports that the rear heated seat controls were missing... some of the missing features may/are just that the software isn't done completely yet. I suspect this was one part of the whole 'early releases for Tesla/SpaceX only' (or family members, etc.)

Only people who work for Tesla know.

The article implies the car does not have FM radio at all. If true, that is surprising. We knew it would not have AM radio but omission of FM radio, a must for people that live in rural areas would be quite a shock... especially since it also does not have an XM/Sirius option.

FM radio is on the Monroney sticker. It was demo'd at the initial reveal event in 2016. Right now, the UI is unfinished, but there are some users who DO have FM. They've received updates already.

To use a video game analogy: nowadays, you buy a new game, pop it in to play....and.....UPDATES.......
this guy in the video hadn't even got his "game" home yet to pull updates. It will be there. R-E-L-A-X everyone.

Reactions: Dr. J and Cyclone
FM radio is on the Monroney sticker. It was demo'd at the initial reveal event in 2016. Right now, the UI is unfinished, but there are some users who DO have FM. They've received updates already.

To use a video game analogy: nowadays, you buy a new game, pop it in to play....and.....UPDATES.......
this guy in the video hadn't even got his "game" home yet to pull updates. It will be there. R-E-L-A-X everyone.
128121.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: ggies07
BMW hasn't. The i3 omits an AM radio in the US. The tuner is there which means you can code it in but it's really quite bad. I coded it on ours and it's almost unusable when power is being applied to the drive unit. The Model S on the other hand has almost no discernible noise with the AM radio. I wonder of part of this difference is because Tesla was one of the only (THE only?) companies to use an AC induction motor in the S & X but the 3 is going to use a permanent magnet motor.
The AM tuner in my 2011 Volt and my 2017 Bolt EV Chevrolets work fine and both cars use permanent magnet motors.

I watched the OCDetailing video and the first Telsa delivery in Texas video and when they got to music and I heard "I can sync my phone but no Bluetooth audio option" my heart sank. That is 99.99% of the way I listen to music on my daily drive is streaming it through my phone. I mean they have to introduce stereo Bluetooth right? I mean they gotta! lol. I know at some point it will come, but for some reason, if it didn't that would be a deal breaker for me. Hopefully, it comes as soon as customer deliveries start going out. I mean in this day and age it would be like if they included a CD/Tape player combo with the Telsa and said "this is how you will play your music"

That is there today on the S and X, so it likely is only a matter of a software OTA update for it to be on the 3 as well.

Reactions: Gtosnipey
My concern is when will USB playback through a phone's media be available. Hopefully sooner rather than later. I like to scroll through different playlists and do other stuff beyond what simple bluetooth streaming allows. I don't like to hit shuffle and listen to what combo someone else picks out. I want to pick my order of songs, and that changes capriciously.

Unlikely to ever show up in the current iteration of S/X/3 cars, given that the S/X don't have it and they started coming out 5 years ago.

Do they have OTA FM or streaming?

I've had my Model S for almost 5 years and it hasn't shown up yet. I wouldn't hold my breath.