Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Media Player 8.0-8.1 - other than USB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Firmware 8.0 thread is all over the block and not very useful. There is an excellent thread on the Media Player's handling of USB in another thread. Perhaps we can use this thread to discuss all other aspects of the "new" Media Play as clearly it has issues which need to be addressed. My hope is that collecting the feedback into one thread will help guide Tesla on what they need to do to for 8.1 and beyond.

I'll start with something simple. There was some belief that the new Media Player was doing a better job if handling album covers. That may be the case, I haven't made a determination myself yet. However, the pictures below are from using the Bluetooth connection to play the Economist application and show how the 2016 Tesla Media player handled the content versus the 2014 BMW i3 media player. While the Tesla version is a little more exciting, it's not exactly relevant! At least for Bluetooth, it's not using the graphical content from the source.

IMG_1490.JPG
IMG_1488.JPG