Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Media player and MP3 on USB

f205v

May 12, 2018
Tessin, Switzerland
When I got hold of my Tesla I prepared an USB stick with about 500 MP3s (mostly rock songs).
ALL of those MP3s had the same jpg as cover embedded in the file.
Now I've gone through the pain of downloading the appropriate cover for each and every of the songs, remove the old embedded covers from the files, insert the appropriate new one in each file and mark it as "front" cover.
The job was done with MP3Tag software.
I put the newly updated stick in my home PC, play it with VLC and the correct new cover is displayed.
I put the newly updated stick in the Tesla, play it and the OLD COVER is still displayed!!!

Therefore I suspect that the Tesla cached the old MP3s somewhere and doesn't understand that the files have been updated.
Any suggestion on how to force my Tesla to display the embedded cover art in each file?

TIA

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC