Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Media Player: Slacker song titles not displaying on touch screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't possibly be the first person to see this, but have you noticed when using Slacker that song titles do not display on the touch screen while playing, but they DO display in the smaller version in front of the driver. This can't be deliberate.

On the touch screen you see:

Slacker Station Name (i.e. John Mayer Radio)
Album Title
Artist

In front of the driver (if selected) you see:

Slacker Station Name (i.e. John Mayer Radio)
Song Title
Album Title
Artist

----------------------

UPDATE: Problem fixed. A reboot of the touchscreen corrected it. I'm running firmware v4.5 (1.33.44)

Last edited:
I see on the main screen and the same on the drive screen...
1) Slacker radio station name (assigned based on my selection)
2) Song name
3) Album title
4) Artist

Both work just fine for me.
Version 1.33.44

That's weird, Greg. I'm on 1.33.44 as well. Go figure. I just tried it again with several different "stations" and consistently got no song titles on the touch screen, while they did display in front of the driver. It was easy to miss this bug for a few months because often the album title and the song title are the same.

Have you tried A) rebooting the screen, B) creating/searching for a new station?

Edit: After reading your other music posts/issues, you've had option A figured out long ago. Odd problem.

SUCCESS! A reboot of the touch screen fixed it. Perhaps this issue was fixed in v4.5, but a touch screen reboot was required to get it to take. I upgraded to v4.5 recently, but had not done a reboot since then. Thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited: