TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Media Screen went dead!

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by daddygo, May 13, 2013.

1. daddygo

daddygo New Member

Which is the brains of the car... no A/C, no radio, no car controls. But it still drives.

Called service and left a message. Called me back sometime later. Had me try to reboot the screen (hold the two scroll wheels down on either side of the steering whee) for 20 seconds. Didn't work. Then had me try to reboot the driver screen (hold buttons above scroll wheels on both sides of steering wheel for 20 secs.) Didn't work. Told me the closest service center would call. I've called twice since then, three days have gone by, and the service center hasn't called back!

I located the fuse boxes in the frunk, the owner's manual identified the 20 amp fuse for the media center, I pushed on it and it "clicked" in further. Now the screen works again.

Found another post about fuses backing out on their own. Get comfortable taking the cover off of the fuses if this problem persists.

2. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

Glad you were able to figure it out on your own, thanks for the tip if it ever happens to me.

3. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

I've not heard of anyone saying that fuses back out on their own. Generally the issue is that they were never firmly seated in the first place.

4. twinklejet

twinklejet Member

Theoretically you could have used the app in your phone to adjust the climate controls no?