TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Meet Model X - Austin, TX

Discussion in 'Model X' started by loganintx, Mar 16, 2016.

1. loganintx

loganintx Member

Tomorrow, Thursday 17th, is the first of four days for Meet Model X event in Austin, TX. I have an appointment tomorrow to go and see, drive and smell the Model X. Wifey is coming with although I'm sure she won't be testing out the acceleration like I will.

If anyone is going to be at the Meet Model X event tomorrow, I'll be there from around 11ish till 1ish.

I've driven a couple of Model S cars both recently and about 3 years ago. I did a brief highway drive with AP and it was awesome.
    I had a reservation and I placed an order for a 70D but on the night before confirming, I switched to a 90D and then I cancelled the whole thing because they couldn't delay delivery until later this year when I can actually swap out vehicles (Lease expires in October). So, they transferred my $5K to a NEW reservation on Monday and I just saw the EDIT DESIGN button come back. I've picked out the options I want but haven't hit ORDER yet.
    Need to let the wife see the interior colors (hopefully they have both tan and black) and make final decisions.

As of now, I think I will go with Midnight Silver, Black, Black, 90D, AP, 6-Seater, Premium, Matte Obeche, base wheels, Accessory Hitch, 48A,

I'll probably sit on the reservation for a couple of months before hitting order with the expectation that they will deliver in 4-5 months time and a November-December delivery would work out well for me.

I wonder how many people have placed orders and will have never seen or driven or Model X by the time theirs arrives??
    Also hoping, I see a lot less issues with frozen screens, closing doors, folding seats, etc. by Q4 this year!

2. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

I haven't seen an X yet I ordered one and should be taking delivery next month. My order is similar to yours but I chose solid black and tan seats.

3. loganintx

loganintx Member

I like the tan seats look but we've had 2 volvo XC60s with tan seats for the past 4-5 years and I think wifey wants a new interior look. the RED and BLACK exteriors with TAN interiors look SHARP!!! congrats :)

4. ReturnZero

ReturnZero Member

Very cool. I just did the same event in DFW and they were really great. I didn't have an appointment but I just showed up and they were very accommodating and let me drive anyway. You'll enjoy it.

Keep in mind the demo vehicles they have there are not exactly the best examples. The seats are creaky, the doors are weird, and they're early builds that have been abused pretty well. Don't let that deter you, it sounds like the vehicles coming off the line now are much better.

5. loganintx

loganintx Member

Had a great test drive in the Model X today. P90DL Titanium 7 seater black on black interior. I split the time with my wife. She did NOT want to do AutoPilot so I did that part of the trip. She will come around in time to love it though, I'm 60% certain!
    They had a silver P90D in showroom with 6 seat config. I really like that setup and will be ordering 6 seater.
    VIN - 5YJXCBE49GF 000443

Both cars had road rash on both back rims and had clearly seen lots of people getting in and out of them. I would say that the front row and 2nd row seat backs looked in very good condition considering how many people have crawled in and out of these cars. I didn't inspect thoroughly but I didn't see any scratches or scuffs and they didn't look as glossy as I thought they would be.
    IMG_0957.JPG IMG_0959.JPG