Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Meet Model X event at tesla factory.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for sharing a great video. The Production Model X vehicles look great.

While it was difficult to make sure, it appears that the door sills may have the same X trim panel that are in the Model X Signature. Other than Signature badging (and Sig Red color), the Model X shown in the video look the same. Excellent!

I did look at the Vin numbers and it had a GF before the numbers and I think that they are Sig cars. They said these were fresh off the line and that is what is running right now. Does that help?

- - - Updated - - -

The color we picked was there as well, turned out we were happy how it looked.

Also learned a bit about a/c system. Each row of seats has vents and it didn't make sense that A/C could make it to the third row. We learned that a second pump motor is used for 3rd row. Good to have an extra for some backup.

We had the rear window in the FW's in the down position and it travels a bit over 2/3 of the way down. Far enough to have your arm out. FYI.

I did look at the Vin numbers and it had a GF before the numbers and I think that they are Sig cars. They said these were fresh off the line and that is what is running right now. Does that help?

- - - Updated - - -

The color we picked was there as well, turned out we were happy how it looked.

Also learned a bit about a/c system. Each row of seats has vents and it didn't make sense that A/C could make it to the third row. We learned that a second pump motor is used for 3rd row. Good to have an extra for some backup.

We had the rear window in the FW's in the down position and it travels a bit over 2/3 of the way down. Far enough to have your arm out. FYI.

Those were production Vins, sig vins have an S after the F as the first digit of the serial number (because there will never be more than 99,999 signature vehicles of a particular model). The F signifies the location of manufacture (Fremont) and the G indicates the model year of the car (2016). See the Model X VIN decoder ring thread

It was a cool event. Were in there for the 12pm appointment. Had the usual tour, which was quiet as the production line was essentially shut down. The test drive was nice. I have noticed that the P90DL on the X is not quite as fast as my P90DL on the Model S...likely because of the weight of the car. With that said, we still configured the car. Total came out to $148,000.

It was a cool event. Were in there for the 12pm appointment. Had the usual tour, which was quiet as the production line was essentially shut down. The test drive was nice. I have noticed that the P90DL on the X is not quite as fast as my P90DL on the Model S...likely because of the weight of the car. With that said, we still configured the car. Total came out to $148,000.

I will drive the car in Burbank California this coming Saturday. So do you like the SUV better? Are you keeping your model S? Anything you didn't like? You really did notice the .04 second difference in speed? Curious...

As for me I can only keep one car. I also have an S and I love it.

Last edited:
I will drive the car in Burbank California this coming Saturday. So do you like the SUV better? Are you keeping your model S? Anything you didn't like? You really did notice the .04 second difference in speed? Curious...

As for me I can only keep one car. I also have an S and I love it.

Hi MichealW. The SUV would be good for those treks up North during winter as we have a cabin in N. Tahoe. We will be keeping the P90DL Model S and selling the P85+. The X is very different as it will be a ppl hauler. I'm getting the 7seat config. A few other notes:

* I expected the rear trunk space to be a little bit larger and deeper. I was at the launch event a few months ago and from afar, I had the impression the car at the launch could fit a lot more luggage. Today, I was slightly disappointed.
* When sitting in the 3rd row, you will notice that when the 2nd row seat slides back that you will have to watch your foot. The seats run on a center beam that can catch crunch your shoes easily.
* I was impressed with how fast the 2nd row moves fwd and back
* impressed with the seat belt sensors - I had someone riding in the 3rd row and because he was not buckled in, the exclamation on the screen notified me

As for the speed, yes, I did notice the difference. The weight of the X is definitely felt when I launched the car. I would imagine if you are coming from a sub P90D Model S, you would be very happy with the acceleration. For me, I've just become acclimated to the speed. ;)

Have fun next week!