TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

"Meet Model X: Exclusive Viewing"

Discussion in 'Model X' started by highedu, Jan 22, 2016.

1. highedu

highedu Member

I received an email today that a select group of Model X owners and reservation holders have been invited to get hands on with the Model X and speak with product developers in Fremont.

I am not posting the actual email as I don't want to flood Tesla with a bunch of uninvited guests since they most likely will have a capacity constraint

Just an FYI to see who else is going.

2. suresv

suresv Member

Got the email and I am going. Looks like it is open to all North American order holders - atleast that is what the rsvp page says.

3. MrBoylan

MrBoylan Member

That's good news. At least they have ONE good Model X to show, in Fremont. :) I wonder if they're only inviting Bay area folks or a wider group. I'm guessing they're going to start doing this on a regional level to fill up the confirmed order pipeline once they actually start ramping up production in a meaningful way.

4. bignikku

bignikku Member

I'm in the bay area and I just got invited. Will be attending for sure.

5. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Just got the invite as well, find it strange that you can only bring 2 additional people for a total of 3.

6. highedu

highedu Member

Based on previous experience, does anybody know if they count toddlers (3 years old) against the 1+2 limit? I want to bring myself, 2 other adults, and my toddler.

Hoping they will let us through with 4 people total (3 + toddler).

7. Scrith

Scrith Member

Invited and I RSVP'd for myself and a guest (my wife, although it might be fun to bring my 4-year old daughter as well).

8. Zextraterrestrial

when is it and would anyone possibly have an extra space they'd be willing to share with me?
    of course the date might dictate whether I could go or not

9. suresv

suresv Member

It is on the 29th Jan - next Friday 7-9 pm. I may be able to take one person. PM me if you are interested.

10. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

"Meet Model X: Exclusive Viewing"

In another thread someone posted that they got an email from Tesla saying the event was already fully booked.
    So far everyone who has posted in this thread saying they received an invite is located in the greater SF Bay Area.
    I am also located in that area but did not get an invite. I'm not an X owner or reservation holder.

11. cbin97

cbin97 Member

I am an X reservation holder in Orange County and I didn't get invited, but would totally go.

12. MrBoylan

MrBoylan Member

I had a chat with one of the ISRs in Fremont today about this and she suggested that there would be more of these events (but could not definitively say where/when they would have them). I expect they will have them in other locations, inside and outside California in the coming weeks. I saw enough at the reveal to confirm my order but I know some folks need to get more hands-on so I think it will be great when they can get more people's butts in Model X seats. Then the orders will start confirming at a furious pace.

13. engle

engle Member

Received email @ 10:31 am PST and confirmed right away since these events do fill up. It will give my wife and son an opportunity to eXperience the X before we receive ours since they didn't go to the reveal...

14. jeffreys

jeffreys Member

I just got invited. The tour appears to be nationwide through the end of March. I was able to reserve a test drive in Boston in late February.

15. itay

itay Member

I'm in Seattle and no invite yet. I have a confirmed X order.

16. emchen

emchen Member

Won't someone post the email text or screenshot?

17. jeffreys

jeffreys Member

18. omarsultan

omarsultan Active Member

Here you go

19. nick_083

nick_083 Member

Mine looked slightly different. I will go to see X in person in ~4 weeks in Chicago

We are excited to announce that Model X test drives will be available for our current Model X reservation holders from January 30th - March 30th. Our two-month tour across North America will allow people to experience the car's unique combination of performance and utility. Appointments are limited to one per customer, non-transferable, and available on a first come, first served basis. Click on the link below to reserve your appointment time and location. Please note you will need to use the email address attached to your reservation number to confirm your appointment.

20. jks1974

jks1974 New Member

I have a confirmed order in Phoenix. No invite to the Model X event, but I did get an invite today to a Model S Brunch on Sunday.