Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Meet Model X in Atlanta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The wife and I had a chance to attend the Meet Model X event in Atlanta on Saturday and the initial thoughts were WOW just WOW. Incredible and beautiful engineering all the way around. I'm still thinking about our short test drive and cannot wait for our 49XX vin to arrive in about 6 or so weeks. Quick thoughts as I've got to run are that the 6 seater is a must. As many of you have posted, the 7 seater was way too claustrophobic with a view out the back that gave me anxiety. As Elon has said go 6 seats if you don't need all 7 all the time. The Ultra White Seats in our test drive car were in great shape and felt incredible, while I did notice the shiny back of one of the 3rd row seats scratched to smithereens. It was painful to see. The attention to detail and the comfort while inside was akin to lounging in your living room with a view from the windshield that is completely transformative and addicting. The event was a little bit chaotic and maybe a little disorganized with A LOT of people everywhere. The one we test drove seemed to have just come back from service as I overheard some of the staff chatting about "it works fine now and is good to go." A little unnerving but not nearly enough for me not to want to take the car home with me!
I did break out the tape measure and measured from the floor to the highest part of the FWD to see exactly how high it measures. On a 20" wheel with standard suspension height I got 90" at its highest point.

Here's a quick video of my wife's short test drive. I used the fisheye lens to get as much as the interior/windshield as possible from the back seat. Enjoy!

Reactions: forumman83
Great video. Is your wife as enthused about the vehicle as you are?
She is! I think she's just ready for my to stop talking about it every 15 minutes, but we have been both driving Leafs for the past 3 years so any spontaneity and family road trips have been limited to renting a car to leave town.
Once our X arrives in May, we already plan on driving down to Disney in FL with the kiddos, going to the beach in South Carolina and up to the Blue Ridge Parkway in NC so we'll be putting it to the test right away.

Awesome! I am headed to Decatur tomorrow for my test drive. Can't wait! For what it's worth, don't expect record drive times on your road trips. Our first road trip in husband's S was almost 8 hours for what is usually a 5 1/2-6 hour drive from Atlanta to Jacksonville. A little tough to get used to what will be our new reality when my X arrives and all road trips involve Supercharger stops, which are not always that quick. Still worth it though.

Enjoy! Yeah we expect it to take an extra 25% to get to road trip destinations but with small kids we are often stopping for one request or another.
Forgot to mention, we were not allowed to try autopilot or take the car on the highway as they stated that there were so many people to get through and were trying to maximum drive times. Understandable but a bummer nonetheless.

I stopped by today (Monday). Was unable to get a reservation time prior, but they were very accommodating and got test drive, a chance to meet my DES in person. The test drive was great.... we started out and the X seemed "sluggish". Then realized it was in the 70D simulated mode. The rest of the drive was enjoyable, informative and pleasant. Spent time measuring interior, getting comfortable with the door and seat controls. The automatic closing doors were great. Will have to get used to the smaller X compared to my big Audi Q7..... but a lot more nimble.

I stopped by today (Monday). Was unable to get a reservation time prior, but they were very accommodating and got test drive, a chance to meet my DES in person. The test drive was great.... we started out and the X seemed "sluggish". Then realized it was in the 70D simulated mode. The rest of the drive was enjoyable, informative and pleasant. Spent time measuring interior, getting comfortable with the door and seat controls. The automatic closing doors were great. Will have to get used to the smaller X compared to my big Audi Q7..... but a lot more nimble.

That is wonderful to hear. Sounds like a different, quieter and more laid back experience than our fast pace experience on Saturday.
Wish I knew you could choose to simulate certain variants. Would have loved to feel the non Ludacris 90D acceleration feel as that is what I have coming but I guess we'll find out in a few short weeks!

That is wonderful to hear. Sounds like a different, quieter and more laid back experience than our fast pace experience on Saturday.
Wish I knew you could choose to simulate certain variants. Would have loved to feel the non Ludacris 90D acceleration feel as that is what I have coming but I guess we'll find out in a few short weeks!

That's easy, just set the thing to sport mode. That's how I tool around most of the time

Not quite Sport Mode Pvogel. Tesla has a demo mode in both the S and X. Not customer accessible. The software can limit the battery performance, motor size, or shut off one motor to simulate differing vehicles. The store manager indicated it was only available on cars in the "secrete" demo mode. That allows Tesla to have a single P90DL that can emulate lesser vehicles from 70S rear drive only all the way to P90DL and all variants in between.

Reactions: EV Family