Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Meet rEVolutionaries #3 - Alexander Sims, Sunday, Aug. 30, 2020 1pm PDT [Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AEdennis

Jul 23, 2013
The virtual meetup series full participation seats are originally opened to Tesla Owners Club of Orange County members. About a week before the event, and if we have availability, we invite members of the Tesla Community to join us. So, we're now opening up the invites for full participation seats for folks to join us during this event, instructions at the bottom.

We started this series a few weeks ago and

here's the YouTube recording of

Meet rEVolutionaries #1: Eli Burton, Adventures of Starman

Meet rEVolutionaries #2: Kyle Field, Senior Editor, CleanTechnica. Tesla Solar Roof and PowerWall2, an Owners' Perspective

Our guest for Meet rEVolutionaries #3: Alexander Sims; 8 year Tesla Roadster Owner; Formula E Driver, Mahindra Racing; and Zero Carbon World, Chairman. (Alexander Sims - Formula E Racing Driver)

Alex is based in the United Kingdom and we're glad that he can join us virtually for this event. This would actually be the SECOND Tesla Owners Club of Orange County meetup that Alex would be making as he had previously joined us at our traditional SOCO/Portola Coffee location in Costa Mesa several years ago when he had raced in Long Beach for another of BMW's race teams.

IMG_1327.JPG by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

It's only poetic that one of the "slowest" Tesla drivers in the world, me, would be friends with a professional race car driver, but that's just kismet. I got to know Alex over the years because of sustainability and as a Roadster owner since March 2012 and didn't realize that he was a race car driver until later.

He most recently raced in Formula E for the BMWi Andretti team. [(team - BMW i Andretti Motorsport | FIA Formula E), (Alexander - Alexander Sims | FIA Formula E)] He started the season strong and came in first in the race in Saudi Arabia, of all places. For the series, he finished 13th overall in this season's series that just ended in Berlin. During the time of my initial announcement to the time of this post, Alex was announced to be the new driver for Mahindra Racing.

d_reinhard_BMW_FE-Riad_19_3282-1-scaled.jpg

Alex continues to give back to the cause of sustainability as the Chairman of Zero Carbon World, a UK charity that is responsible for a massive deployment of Level 2 destination charging locations. ZCW has been deploying such charge points before Tesla's own Destination Charging Program was launched. (Zero Carbon World).

Join us on Sunday, August 30, 2020 at 1pm PDT/4pm EDT/9pm BST for Meet rEVolutionaries #3.

We use Callbridge.com for our conferencing and for a full participant seat, I will NEED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS WHEN YOU RSVP. So, provide that when you RSVP. (email the club at http://www.octeslaclub.com/)

I will try to stream this live on YouTube as well, but we may not get your questions from that stream. (additionally, the first 2 have been hit or miss, (#1 went off fine, and #2 was recorded and re-posted, the live stream failed after 15 minutes.)

I have the YouTube Live Stream scheduled here

Thanks and stay healthy!

Extremely cool - I was honestly a little forlorn when he lost the BMW ride before the Mahindra announcement. Will make sure to tune in!

Glad you can make time to join us on callbridge for a more interactive participation @futureprimitiv

here’s to hoping the YouTube stream works. So far for the other two in the series, it worked for 1 and failed 15 minutes in for the other. (Go figure). Call stayed up and we were able to record.

Thanks to TMC community members who joined us this afternoon. Alex and I had fun holding the conversation and talking about Formula E, Racing, Roadsters, etc. The YouTube live link worked! It recorded almost everything except cut off early in Alex's thanks for having him...