Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Meet up - Kettleman City, CA. Sunday 2/18 10:30 am

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, here's the count I have, so far. @Duffer sorry you can't make it. We'll catch you next time. We do have another participant from the NorCal TMC group, @Suthy48 We also have a participant from the Facebook NorCal owners and Model S owners. Ken Spencer and Nesi Njuyen respectively. Also @Adam W said he would try to make it with his new Model 3. We had met at the Petaluma SuC. Add the 4 likes and 4 loves from the poll @thecloud did, we are up to about 12 participants.
Sure, some may drop out and we may gain a few. Plus, there will be Tesla owners there anyway who do not know they will be participating!!

You're missing @roblab and wife with their Model 3, and over on the Central Coast @bishoppeak said he'd try to make it. Sounds like a nice turnout and don't think we could have nicer weather for this time of year, close to 70F according to wunderground. With it dry and low humidity I'm assuming no chance of tule fog for those coming through 152 to I-5. We'll be coming over from the Paso Robles/Atascadero area where Satuday they are saying like mid-70s. This is winter right? California style I guess.

Reactions: Blu Zap
I'm thinking of attending this, I'll be driving from Newark. I've been able to get to KC in the past with ~40 mi to spare starting at 80% (267 mi). After meeting up at KC for a bit, plan is to head to Harris Ranch for lunch? Initial meetup at KC @ 10:30 am?

That's the plan...actually you can do KC or HR or both. Hope to see you there...the more the merrier. (Well OK if we get a hundred people descending on Kettleman City that might get a little crazy...)

Bruce.

That's the plan...actually you can do KC or HR or both. Hope to see you there...the more the merrier. (Well OK if we get a hundred people descending on Kettleman City that might get a little crazy...)

Bruce.

Ok, HR is better for me, as its about 20-30 min closer. I'll charge before I get there, so I wont need to charge there, as they have way fewer chargers than KC. 12:30 @ HR?

Ok, HR is better for me, as its about 20-30 min closer. I'll charge before I get there, so I wont need to charge there, as they have way fewer chargers than KC. 12:30 @ HR?

Might be more like 12:45 according to the schedule proposed by @thecloud in post #2 of this thread. Most of the group will have already charged in Kettleman City, so hopefully we will not impact Harris Ranch chargers too much.

Hmmm...that schedule gives us 15 minutes to go the 25 miles from Kettleman City to Harris Ranch...we're a bunch of Tesla drivers but still... :D

Bruce.

I was thinking we'd leave Kettleman no later than 12:30 and arrive before 1:00 at Harris. The 12:45 time was just a suggestion for folks to start showing up at Harris if they weren't going to Kettleman first. They can either get a head start on lunch, or hang around talking at the superchargers until a larger mass of people show up.

Not sure how we want to coordinate lunch. "Table for 30 with separate checks" won't fly, so I expect we will want to split up into convenient smaller groups that let us have lunch with others while not requiring reservations or table configuration changes. Also, I've been assuming eating at the "Ranch Kitchen" (the daytime restaurant that isn't the steakhouse, at the very end of the hall after you enter and turn right.) There is also a faster "express BBQ" option across the street (where the battery-swap station was) which some people may prefer.

Reactions: bmah and Blu Zap
I'd be interested in this club. What's his username on here?

Here's the link to the club: San Francisco Tesla Club | Tesla Motors Club

You'll find all the other clubs you can participate in under the Menu item Clubs. Not sure what the distinction is between Clubs and Groups is but check out that area as well. Some are private and require you to send the owner a PM to get invited so you can post. But you can generally read discussion threads and event calendar events regardless of membership.

Hope we'll see you Sunday in Kettleman.

Last edited:
I received a non-definitive answer from Tesla to my query about whether we are allowed to remain onsite after unplugging, given that we stay with our cars and make sure to keep spots open for anyone to charge.

Thank you for reaching out to Tesla Customer Support. Once charging is complete, all vehicles ought to be removed from the stall parking spot as soon as possible to make room for other drivers. For full information on idle fees, please see here:
Supercharger Idle Fee

The use of "ought" suggests that the charging session ends when you unplug, and the referenced page says that idle fees are only incurred if the site is at 50% utilization or above, so I doubt we'll have to worry about idle fees. However, I still plan to physically move my car out of the stall to a different location after unplugging, in case movement is taken into account. (The site does not appear to have any non-charging parking stalls, which makes me wonder where the barista parks.)

Attachments

• Lake Merced.JPG
    Lake Merced.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 50
Hi @mainecoon. Can you join us in Kettleman City? Great way to meet others from our area and all over.
I live in Marin, but end up going to wherever the events happen to be. Silicon Valley group seems to be the most active. There is a Marin group, which seems to be me and a bunch of crickets. Lets keep in touch. How have you been posting your event?
Perhaps we can IM.